This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at TCNJ chapter.

I love sleep. I’m not sure there are many people who don’t love sleeping. What’s not to like? I dedicate a portion of my every day to naps. It’s a great way to pause my day, take time for myself and reenergize. While I think most people agree sleep is a wonderful thing, many people are not getting enough of it. From studying, to hanging out with friends or even insomnia, the reasons all vary. I don’t think the problem is convincing the general public to fall more in love with sleeping, I think it’s to get them to quit the excuses. Arianna Huffington is giving everyone a wake-up call with her new book, The Sleep Revolution, to make sleep the priority.

There is incentive for everyone to get the right amount of sleep. Beyond the simple reason that it’s healthy and necessary, there are more benefits than people realize. Wouldn’t it be nice to improve your overall wellbeing by resting for a couple more hours? Here are three things, found in Huffington’s novel that you probably didn’t know you were missing out on (while you stayed up too late watching Netflix):

1. Celebrities and supermodels Karlie Kloss, Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Lopez, and Beyoncé all state sleep is their secret beauty weapon. Rather than spending money on plastic surgery, the right amount of sleep a day will keep you looking youthful and improve your appearance.
  2. Soul Cycle, a popular fitness center, is in full support of sleep. They even say along with the essentials of working out and eating right, that sleep is equally as important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In addition, people do their best thinking and feel happier when they are fully restored.
  3. Sleep has been proven in the athletic world to enhance performance. Coaches from the NFL work with experts to discover the science of sleep and make sure that players are getting the right amount. This applies to all sports, where many have set their personal best record after optimal sleep.

Whether it’s for beauty purposes, overall health, or giving your best performance, there is motivation for everyone to get the sleep they need. Stop making excuses when it comes to missing out on sleep. You will feel happier and smarter after a good night’s rest. While most people claim they have trouble falling asleep, it is really due to all the stimulation technology brings at night. If you need some concrete tips for a better sleep, check out Huffington’s list here:

Since it’s finals week, we could all definitely use some help on keeping up with sleep (especially with those neighbors that don’t abide to the 24-hour quiet hours). This is why we are so thankful for Arianna Huffington’s Sleep Kit that we received! It included things like PJs from Land’s End, a Sense alarm clock that tracks sleep patterns, a Rohm sound machine to block out noisy neighbors, a Sleep Shepherd hat that tracks brain waves, a speaker to play soothing music, and a candle for relaxation! What more could you need to ensure the perfect night of sleep? So collegietes, put your phone down and laptop away and go get some sleep during this stressful finals season. There is nothing more rewarding than taking care of yourself. Sweet dreams, ladies!

Cait is the Co-Editor-In-Chief at HCTCNJ, and describes her life with two simple words: organized chaos.