This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Susqu chapter.

We’re at the time of the year when miderms are over, but finals and project due dates are fastly approaching. Stress levels are at an all time high. We’re choosing classes, organizing GO trips, and preparing for the holiday season. While we get caught up in this stress, we need to remember to take care of ourselves. We’re all busy girl bosses, so it can be hard to make time for this. Here are some minor things that you can do to help yourself spiritually, mentally, and physicaly.  

Yoga is a great stress reliever. Working out is always nice, but yoga is one of those excersises that especially aims to clear your mind. You can try yoga as basic as possible or as difficult as you can handle, but anyone can do some form. There are hundreds of free online yoga videos online and we also have a yoga class on campus that only costs 10 dollars a semester. When I first started college, I started praticing yoga and it has greatly reduced my stress. I recommend doing yoga on Monday mornings to start your week on a peaceful note.  

(Insert this Gif HERE  https://media0.giphy.com/media/3ELDuBKag7o8E/giphy.gif ) 

Having a clean room is a must. If your room is a mess, you’re a mess. Your room is a representation of you. If you have your things neat and organized, it will cut out many minor stressors. Just think about it- You won’t have to run late to class because your spent time looking for your things, you won’t have to panic about someone coming over and risk feeling embarrassed over your room, and you won’t get distracted by clutter. Whenever my room is messy, I get stressed by just looking at it. I sometimes let it go because I have too many activities in my schedule, but it always makes me feel better when I deep clean my dorm.  

When I say pampering yourself, you might think of some girl getting a massage with cucumbers on her eyes. Well, you would be wrong. Pampering yourself can be the simple things you neglect in college. On days you feel your most stressed, take a shower, shave your legs, and then put a facemask on while you’re doing homework or studying. (I recommend the Freeman’s peel off masks) Little things like this will make you feel so much better about yourself and they will calm you down tremendously.  

While getting ready takes time in the morning and we all like to sleep in, you should take a few days out of the week to dress up, do your hair, and put on a little makeup. I know that, when I have time to make myself look nice, I always do better in my classes. I’m more observant, more social, and more confident. Even just doing one of these things can work. Just doing your hair instead or only putting some lipstick on will perk your day up a little bit.  

So, today you learned that there are so many little things that you can do to take some of the stress off of yourself. I know these may not be the cure for all stress, but they can help lessen your stress load. I hope that with this article I can inspire you to take charge of your stress and show it who’s boss.  

SU' 20 • Vanderpump Rules Enthusiast • Dog Fanatic • I'm just a college girl with champagne taste on a beer budget.
I am Brooke Adams-Porter, a communications student at Susquehanna University. Just an old soul finding herself in this new world.