This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

I have been cooking thanksgiving dinner since I was about eight years old, spending my thanksgiving morning helping to stuff the turkey, peel potatoes, make cheese plates and more. I had a foodie grandpa who was determined I was comfortable cooking a big dinner and was also steadfast on making me into a good host.

I moved out of my parents house a year ago and was looking to still bring something to the meal, so I made this apple pie and its beautiful.

This is the perfect pie to make after apple picking.

Start by pre heating your oven to 350.

Peel and chop six kind of tart apples, I like pink lady. Then squeeze half a lemon over the chopped apples.

Add half a cup of brown sugar and a quarter cup of white sugar with a quarter cup of flour. Mix well.

Then its time to get spicy! Add half a teaspoon of nutmeg, with a quarter teaspoon of cloves and a teaspoon of cinnamon. These spices are make this pie feel warm and cozy when you eat it.

The next part is a big secret, but I use store bought piece crust its just so much easier.

Brush your crust with an egg wash with a splash of vanilla to make it look and taste like a bakery crust.

Pinch the top and bottom crusts together with a fork.

Bake pie at 350 for 20 minutes covered in foil and then turn the over up to 475 for 25 minutes until the crust is golden brown.

Serve warm with ice cream.

Enjoy!

Julia is a national writer for Her Campus. While she writes for all verticals, her focus is the wellness section, bringing you everything you need to know about relationships, astrology, and the best ways to get down and dirty. Julia is a recent grad of Stony Brook University, where she studied journalism with a minor in women's studies. During her time at SBU, she was a VS PINK campus rep, and an active member of Her Campus @ SBU. When she isn't writing, you can find Julia reading a smutty romance novel, hitting up her local crystal shop, or thrifting with an iced oat milk latte in hand. She's a Capricorn (but you probably already knew that) and a practicing yogi.