This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stony Brook chapter.

I think it is clear that I am no fitness guru. Just check my bank account statements for Taco Bell and McDonald’s. Seriously! I recently decided that I needed to make a change. I needed to get in shape, but at my own pace. I couldn’t just jump into a 60-minute CrossFit class with no training. I just knew I was tired of walking up one flight of stairs and being paralyzed, out of breath. I turned to YouTube. 

Actually, my friends turned to YouTube and told me about Chloe Ting. Chloe Ting is a fitness YouTuber who offers free workout videos. Her videos target different parts of your body. I typically focus on my legs, abs and arms. My favorite videos of hers are ab and arm videos: 

My favorite part about her videos is that they are only ten minutes. From a bigger picture perspective, 10 minutes seems like nothing. You don’t feel like 10 minutes is such a big commitment. However, 10 minutes of her videos are enough to get you sweating and regretting you even started (in a good healthy way though)! 

I typically will go on the treadmill for a bit and then at the end of my workout, pick a Chloe ting video to end my workout. Even if you cannot do all of the exercises in her video, you can modify them or substitute her exercises with something easier. Gradually, build up the strength and muscle to attempt them. That is what I have been doing. Slowly, but surely you will get there. It may seem hard at first but seeing how easy she makes it look will motivate you.

Suzanne Tawch

Stony Brook '20

Pre-Med. Things I like: coffee, Netflix, That 70's Show, memes. Things I don't like: Mondays, Youtube Ads, pineapple on pizza.
Cece Cruz

Stony Brook '21

President/Editor-in-Chief here at the Her Campus Stony Brook Chapter! I joined Her Campus in Spring 2018 as a Junior Writer and I am currently majoring in Journalism with a minor in Political Science. My personality is somewhere between Rachel Green and Phoebe Buffay. I call that balance. In my free time you can find me doing... I'm a college student, if I appear to have any free time I'm probably procrastinating.