This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St. Law U chapter.

Before leaving for break it seemed like almost every person I spoke with was in the same state – tired, stressed out, and (probably) sick. World Mental Health Day was just last week and it came at the right time, promoting mental wellness which unfortunately get pushed to the back burner all too frequently, especially among college students. Here are a few easy ways you can remember to take care of yourself incase times are becoming challenging.

1. Spend time with your best friends. Plan some time to go to Dana and sit for an hour (or three). Just talk, laugh and catch up on your mid-semester breaks!

2. Screenshot this little graphic and use it as a reference whenever you can’t think of anything to do.

3. Be selfish (for real). This can be saying “no” to something if it doesn’t make you happy, choosing to stay in on Friday or Saturday night, or simply just doing something because you enjoy it.

4. Treat yourself. Whether it be indulging in a pub cookie, buying yourself a cute new sweater, or going for a walk. Give yourself a little reward– because you deserve it!

5. Workout in a way that makes you happy. Run, walk, lift, skip, bike or even just dance, and get in a little sweat session to boost your mood!

6. Drink more water. This would not be an official list on taking better care of yourself if drinking more water wasn’t mentioned at least once.

6. Finally, just remember to not forget about yourself. You should always be your first priority. If things start to get to be too much, don’t forget about the services that are offered here at SLU if you ever need someone to speak with: 24 hour counselors on call can be reached through security at 315-229-5555, and SLU Advocates can be reached at (315) 244-5466. Lastly, in case you need a reminder:

(Photos: Redbubble, St. Lawrence University, Pinterest, Stay Healthy KC)