bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

Her Campus has produced so many articles about losing the dreaded “Freshman Fifteen” that if printed, they would surely fill folder after folder. There are blurbs, articles, blogs; you name it and it’s been done. The “Freshman 15” (or 20) has been spoken of in fearful whispers around the glow of the flat iron light since time immemorial. We have seen many of our beloved brothers and sisters fall prey to it… myself included. Luckily for us, Self magazine has created the “Drop 10 Diet” to keep us in shape as we begin the school year!

I was over the moon when I discovered that Her Campus has started working with Self Magazine, a publication dedicated to being healthy and active. Collaborating with Self gives the Her Campus diet blogs a firm place in respectability and accuracy. Unfortunately, I have hit the stumbling block that people have when it comes to losing weight.

I love cake and I hate to sweat.

I really, truly love baked goods. Cakes, pies, brownies, cookies, muffins, croissants, Danishes; you name it and it’s been shoved in my mouth this week, if not today. My hobby is cooking, and despite my best efforts one of my signature dishes has become crème brulee bars that are so delicious they’ll knock your socks off. I make my desserts from scratch, and the best thing that can be said about its healthiness is that I don’t use quite as much butter as Paula Deen does.

I really, truly hate to sweat. I don’t run unless someone is chasing me. The sensation of rubbery muscles after working out annoys me and I have a mental rule that I will always take the elevator to the third floor and above, no matter how long I have to wait. I’m perfectly willing to diet (although I have to bite my lip and cry inside when I walk past the bakery aisle,) but I must be dragged kicking and screaming to the gym. The only exercise I truly enjoy is dancing (in clubs or with Wii Connect) or leisurely walks. Generally, if you want me to work out for longer than twenty minutes I have already mentally quit. I thought that surely there couldn’t possibly be a workout regimen perfect for me.

Lo and behold, I found it! Self magazine’s “Drop 10 Diet” is so adaptable that it’s perfect for me. There’s enough variety in the food to keep me from getting bored with the same blah salad and fruit everyday. The fact that the Drop 10 Diet advocates short, high intensity workouts is really ideal because as I said before, I do not commit to long workouts. With this flexible but effective regimen, I can imagine myself finally losing the extra bits of pudginess I see lingering around my waistline. I’ll be summer ready quickly enough to actually enjoy my summer.

Here’s to us lazy girls and the Drop 10 Diet that has given us hope!

Brittany Elizabeth, better known as Lizzie, is a student aspiring to major in Advertising who is feeding her love of writing with a minor in English and a place in HerCampus Magazine. Lizzie enjoys cooking, video games, reading, and cartooning.