The Best Strom Fitness Classes That Will Make You Want to Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Are you bored with your workout routine or looking to change things up? Well look no farther than your own college campus, because USC offers tons of affordable workout classes for all of its students and gym members! Classes range from early morning BODYPUMP to evening Zumba. A full list of classes can be found on the university’s Campus Recreation website. 

Senior Cadence Sanders is looking forward to trying out her first University of South Carolina group exercise class this semester. She told Her Campus South Carolina “I’m super pumped for cycle! I love riding the bikes because the music fills you with adrenaline.”

Group exercise classes cost $20.00 per semester and require a signed waiver. Both of these can be completed on the university’s Campus Recreation website. A semester pass for the Fall 2016 semester will be valid from the time you purchase it until December 2. To be eligible for all classes, you must have access to both the Solomon Blatt Physical Education Center and the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center. If you’re bringing a guest to Blatt they can tag along as long as they are 16 years or older, but Strom does not allow guests to participate in classes. Once your pass is purchased, be sure to bring it and your ID along with you to be allowed into the class.

Classes are first-come, first-serve, so be sure to arrive early! Don’t forget to bring a water bottle and a towel because the classes are sure to make you sweat.

Not sure if you’ll like group exercise classes? The university allows you to test out classes for free whenever they are trying a new format! The next free class will be a WERQ Dance Fitness class on Wednesday, September 21st at 5:30pm.

Several of our members that have been to these classes in the past also have some recommendations for any first-timers. President Lexi Hill says, “Cardio Kickboxing and Barre Works are both awesome and hard.” Junior Emily Entwistle recommends Xtreme Fit. She says “the instructors always come up with workouts I would never do on my own. Every class I leave sore.” Junior Kaitlin Anilonis loves BODYCOMBAT because “it’s so hard but it’s rewarding in the end.” Regardless of preference, they’ll all tell you that no matter what class you try, you’ll be sure to have a great workout!

Cassie Sobers

South Carolina

Cassie is a Management and Marketing major at the University of South Carolina. She is an outgoing and adventurous person, and an avid runner. When she is not writing for Her Campus or training for a race, you can find her browsing Pinterest for a creative project to tackle, reading a good book, or cooking a delicious meal.
Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.