This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

We’ve all had that day where you go and go but it just feels like you haven’t gotten anywhere. Where you try and try but you just feel like nothing is going your way. The day where by dinner you’re ready to curl up in a ball in your bed and never, ever leave, because honestly the day just sucked that much.

We’ve all been there. But lucky for all of us a day only lasts 24 hours until a new one arises, and there are a few tips and tricks to help you survive that day.

Self-care is one of the most important things you can do for yourself; however, it is especially important on your hard days. Self-care can be anything from painting your nails to just taking an hour and watching your favorite show. Just make sure it is something you enjoy so it cheers you up from that “getcha” down day

My favorite thing to do after a long hard day is to take a hot bubble bath with my favorite candle lit and my favorite tv show on Netflix playing. Suddenly all my troubles are washed away, and I feel like a new person.

However, it’s hard to get access to a bath tub at most colleges. So my next tip is to take a nap, sometimes all you need is an hour to just catch up on your sleep. Either you wake up feeling energized or thinking it’s a new day but it’s a win-win situation.

Sometimes that nap just doesn’t work and you wake up feeling worse and more tired than you did before. If that’s the case, then write your day down. It can be so therapeutic to just write down all the happened, so you can put it in the past, and if you don’t like writing then trying coloring! There are so many studies that show the benefits of coloring or writing.

Most importantly, remind yourself it is just a bad day and that it really will only last for a little while, don’t stress about it. You aren’t alone, there will be other people around you in the same bad day boat, so just take a minute, deep breathe, and everything will be okay.

Alex Guse

Scranton '22

Biochemistry Major Psychology Minor
Julia Wardeh

Scranton '19

Julia Wardeh is a senior studying pre-medicine at the University of Scranton. This will be her second year as president and CC of Her Campus Scranton, which she hopes to elevate and expand. In her free time, Julia enjoys working as a barista, reading novels, and looking at the latest memes.