This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

Self-care is widely talked about and celebrated, but it can be hard to incorporate self-care into everyday living. It doesn’t have to be difficult! Here are some of my favorite ways to practice daily self-care.

1. Do Check-Ins With Yourself

It is easy to get caught up in your busy schedule and forget to check on yourself. Take a few minutes every day to evaluate how you are feeling mentally and physically. Just take a minute as you are walking to or from class to assess how you are feeling. This will help you keep in touch with your mind and body and will allow you to have an intervention (big or small) if necessary.

2. Self-Interventions

If you realize you are falling into a state of anxiety or stress, do a self-intervention. This can be done on a small scale, by taking five minutes to disconnect and relax. Or, on a larger scale, by cancelling going out and instead staying in to spend time with yourself. These self-interventions can go a long way and can help you avoid burn-out!

3. Spend Time With Yourself

It can be tempting to go out with your friends to avoid the stress of academics, but don’t forget the value of spending time with yourself. Creating a space to relax and be alone is just as important as socializing! Use this time to reflect on how you are feeling, or create positive changes withing your living space.

4. Relax

This word has a lot to unpack. There are many different ways to relax, but you know yourself best. Try to think of how you can best relax and incorporate it into your schedule. Even taking an hour between classes to just not do anything can be really rewarding. Don’t feel guilty for not being “productive.” Relaxing gives you time to reset, which lets you be the best you can be!

5. Be Kind to Yourself

At the end of the day, you are doing your best. Allow yourself to recognize progress and acknowledge the small achievements. Not every act of self-care is monumental, but they are all important. Remember that you are worthy of love (especially from yourself).

Bree Wolff

Scranton '23

Secondary education & English major with a love of cats & spooky things