stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Workouts for Gym Un-Enthusiasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

If you believe nothing is more monotonous and unappealing than running on a treadmill and lifting weights, keep on reading. Who isn’t envious of the gym rats that continuously attack the same workout routine? But to be honest, you don’t need to run on a treadmill or lift weights in order to get fit. There is a spectrum of alternative workout methods that can do the trick. Here are five workouts you HAVE to try:

1) Pole Fitness

Pole fitness combines dance and flexibility, with arm and core strength training. Your feet, arms and thighs might be bruised by the end of class, but if you persevere, graceful spins and pole work will make those bruises worth it. You’ll have arms of steel after conquering these classes, but you’ll also have a dirty little secret back-up profession. Shhhh.

Pole Dance Fitness in Scranton offers $12 drop-in beginner classes with a student ID! 

2) Ariel Silks

Ariel silks is an innovative, high-flying aerobic exercise. Ariel silks will test your upper body and mental strength. Executing splits and dropping 18 feet in the air is most certainly not for one faint of heart, but attempting ariel silks will result in a toned bod.

3)  TRX

TRX is a suspension-training program that resulted from the Navy SEALS. In TRX, you use your own body weight to support completing core strength and endurance moves. This total body workout can whip anybody into shape. The best part is TRX is it’s flexibility to control your comfort zone, by adjusting how hard or easy your workout is.

4)  Spin

Spin classes seem to be the new societal craze. Ever heard of Soul Cycle? Even E! made a series about a popular spin studio in California. Spin is a high intensity, indoor cycling workout. Instructors make the class spreading their motivation and high energy. By the end of class, you might feel like you jumped into a pool of sweat, but you’ll definitely complete an efficient and effective workout.

5)  Hot Yoga

Picture a normal yoga class; now picture it in a sauna. Hot yoga is not only a major calorie burner, but it also detoxes and relieves your body of stress. Performing yoga exercises within a warm atmosphere allows your body to fully stretch.

Try Steamtown Hot Yoga on North Washington Ave. in Scranton.

Dania El-Ghazal

Scranton '18

My whole biography realistically can't fit here so