This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

College is a rough time for everyone, and at this point in the semester, everything starts getting worse, and projects are due, so people begin to feel overwhelmed and burnt out. My schedule is always busy between 2 jobs, being the Campus Correspondent, going to school full time, playing the flute, controlling my ADHD, and trying to keep a social life. Sometimes things are rougher than usual, so here are 30 ways that I attempt to avoid burnout.

Things You Can Do Alone

1. Take a Nap
  2. Write a Song
  3. Go for a Walk
  4. Grab a Cup of Coffee
  5. Take a Break
  6. Color
  7. Paint your Nails
  8. Do your Make Up
  9. Read a Book
  10. Listen to Music
  11. Tuck Your Electronics Away
  12. Journal
  13. Take a Bath
  14. Aromatherapy
  15. Exercise

Things You Can Do For Yourself

1. Take a Mental Health Day
  2. Take a Self-Care Night
  3. Say No
  4. Set Boundaries
  5. Go to Bed Early or Sleep in Late
  6. Take Me Time
  7. Reach Out for Help

Things You Can Do With Others

1.  Arts & Crafts
  2. Go Visit Somewhere New
  3. Catch up with a Friend
  4. Watch a Movie
  5. Yoga
  6. Take a Long Lunch
  7. Make a Dinner to Share with Others
  8. Go Grab a Drink with a Friend
Veronica A(V) is the Campus Correspondent at HC @ SAU. She oversees the entire chapter including editorial, events, social media, etc. Beyond HC, V is involved on campus. She is the President of DAPi. She is the Social Media Director for SAAT, and a Sexual Assault Advocate. Veronica is majoring in Early Childhood Education with an endorsement in Special Education and a minor in Music. She is currently student teaching!!! In her freetime, V plays the flute and other instruments and can sing. She used to play and coach softball. Veronica was born in Florida but now lives in Illinois. She also has 2 cats at home. She was the D.E.I. Ambassador for 2 years.