This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

1. Discover what inspires you

Although this tip is very broad, it is quite simple… find what you are passionate about! Writing? Fashion? Nature? Traveling? The possibilities of interests are endless, and you can totally have more than one. The more the merrier!

woman with pink hair in blue and pink tie dye shirt in forest
Photo by Cut Collective from Unsplash

2. Write down all of your goals

Yes, I mean every. single. goal. Whether the goal is taking your daily vitamins to building your own brand, write them all down. I encourage you to incorporate this practice into your daily routine, during the time of day you feel the most energized. This will soon become second nature and it will influence your mind to reflect on ways to achieve each goal.

girl journaling
Photo by picjumbo_com from Pixabay

3. Change your phone background 

OK, hear me out. We spend so much time on our phones, most people say they could not live without theirs. So, why not style our phone to inspire us? Pinterest has a never-ending gallery of motivational quotes, so it’s easy to find one you love and make it your lock-screen. This can be a subtle nudge of motivation.

Paper snowflake
Photo by Miguel Padriñán from Pexels

4. Take a social media break

Let’s say this one together… social media is not real. I challenge you to delete all social media apps off your phone for at least 24-hours. If you are the type of person to constantly be on your phone, then you will have a lot of free time. Utilize this challenge as an opportunity to do things that will benefit both your mental and physical health, as opposed to just staring at a screen for an accumulation of hours. This social media cleanse will be refreshing and allow you to gain inspiration from the real world. 

5. Surround yourself with people who support you 

Life is too short to be surrounded by fake friends. Know your worth by instilling these 3 affirmations into your mind: my presence matters, my love is important, and my time is valuable. Would you rather invest your time in a dozen friends who prevent you from growing, or keep a small circle that helps you thrive? I wholeheartedly believe in quality over quantity, as we all deserve to feel endless love and support from the people in our lives.

get in loser mean girls
Paramount Pictures

Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.