Wellness

5 Self Care Tips To Keep You Feeling Good Despite ….

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

With everything going on in the world today and in our busy lives, it’s important to take some time to slow down and check in with yourself. My favorite part of the day are these moments that I take for myself to unwind and relax. Now, I want you to take care of you, today and everyday, so here are some ideas from me to you on how to show yourself some lovin’ while we’re all stuck at home.

Get Outside

Any sort of fresh air you can find – immersing yourself amongst nature is always key to a great escape. After a hike, walk, or just a relaxing afternoon lounging outside; I always feel more in touch with myself, and a lot happier too. Fresh air works wonders for the soul!

Create! Create! Create!

Art can be one of the most intimate and purifying forms of self care – don’t be scared to start creating! There’s no one right or wrong way for your art to look. So, bust out your paint and throw everything you feel onto that canvas! The end result is always beautiful because it’s made by you! 

Read A Great Book

Lately, I’ve been getting back into reading, and it’s been therapeutic to say the least! There’s no better escape from your worries than to be transported to another world through a good book. I love reading because there always is something for everyone, and the vast variety of choices at my local book stores also makes picking out a book a really fun experience in itself!

Meditate

The greatest form of self care are the things that unite your mind, body, and soul. There are so many different types of meditation and breathing techniques that can strengthen this connection, so I would highly recommend going on YouTube or Spotify and taking a look through some of the choices (:

Spend Some Time with Yourself

I know this one may seem scary, especially to my extroverted friends, but I truly believe that being comfortable with spending some time with just yourself is a really important contribution to your overall well being. Spending a night relaxing or having breakfast on your own are a couple of simple ideas to get into the groove. I used to be very afraid of the thought of being alone, but now it’s an essential way for me to recharge!

Treat yo self gif
Giphy

Hope Lecours

Sacred Heart '21

Hey! I'm Hope, and I'm a senior at SHU! I love the beach, being with my friends, and being in nature. So nice to meet you!
Sacred Heart student from Mass, sharing my thoughts and interests with others on Her Campus :)