GoldmanSachs Dedicated Hero Image?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
GoldmanSachs Dedicated Hero Image?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Wellness

My Finals Week Routine for Success

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rutgers chapter.

Finals week is the most important and most stressful week of the semester without a doubt. There is a lot of pressure to succeed and make sure the semester finishes strong. Some professors give exams, others give papers and projects instead. I am lucky to have figured out how I handle finals week, knowing I work best early on, and I have had a lot of very successful results in what I have done. Here are my tips for success and my daily routine during finals week.   

Go Grocery Shopping

Okay, I know this one seems silly, but trust me, you will want to have all of your favorite snacks prepared. I also like to make sure I am stocked up on my essentials like any coffee creamers, headache pain killers, and caffeinated teas. With the way I eat during finals week, I get a lot of cravings. My favorite snacks to have during finals week are frosted animal crackers, Dunkaroos, Fruit by the Foot, and, of course, Gatorade is also important. This is not the week to worry about your diet. Eat what makes you happy!

Prepare My Wardrobe

Just like this is the week to eat what makes you happy, wear what makes you happy! This is not the time to worry about what other people think (not that you ever should as it is). When things were normal, I used to dress depending on what class I was taking a final for and how I felt about it. Some of my favorite things I have worn include comfy sweats and colorful crazy printed pants/tops. When I am more nervous, I like to look extra put together and wear bright colors since it cheers me up. 

Take Breaks

It is most important to make sure to pace yourself and breathe. I love going for short walks, taking naps, and watching short sitcoms or shows I have seen. My favorite comfort shows are New Girl, Gossip Girl, and Community.

Make A Playlist!

Each semester, I compile all of my favorite songs for success. They range from classical study music to power anthems to boost my confidence. I like listening to music while I work and study, but it is also good to play your music during your breaks! 

Get Some Fresh Air

I know this is easier said than done a lot of the time, but I found that even just opening a window or sitting outside on the porch while I drink my coffee helps a lot. It is important to breathe clean air and get some sunlight! 

Stay Organized

I am a very visual person. If something is not written down in my planner, my Google calendar, and my whiteboard calendar, it will be forgotten. Make sure you have all dates of exams and assignments due and block out time for studying. If you work, take the week off so you have enough time to focus on your coursework. Even if you can’t take the entire week off (I can’t) take off the day of and before your exam—your GPA will thank you, and now you will have the entire summer to make up for lost hours. Make sure you do not have any commitments on the day of the exam too.f you do, you may be worrying about finishing the exam in time to the point of not focusing on the material you’re being tested on. 

So, good luck! Stay focused, healthy, and motivated. It has been an exhausting school year, and we are already at the finish line! 

Julia Fuchs

Rutgers '22

Julia is a senior at Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences. Academically, she is interested in Egyptian archaeology and art history. Outside of classes Julia loves fashion, coffee, art, music and is a dedicated feminist! Her Campus is a way for her to combine all of her interests in a journalistic setting, and an organization she loves being a part of!
Shannon is a senior attending Rutgers University pursuing a bachelor's degree in Journalism & Media studies. Although she is graduating this May, she will be staying to obtain her Master's degree in Communication Media. With a great passion for everything fashion and beauty, she hopes to be writing for a magazine centered around both. She loves puppies and can often be found in bed binging a k-drama on Netflix!