Medicine cabinet packed full of skincare products
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Wellness

My Favorite Budget-Friendly Products for Dry Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s that time of year when cold temperatures and dry air can leave skin feeling dry and irritated.

I’ve struggled with this for as long as I can remember and it feels like I’ve tried every product out there.

After a long journey with experimenting with products, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite products to alleviate dry skin. And the best part is that they’re all budget-friendly!

garnier micellar water

With my skincare journey, I’ve learned that using micellar water can be really helpful for those who struggle with dry, sensitive skin.

Not only does micellar water help with hydration, but it’s also successful at removing dirt and excess oil from the skin. Micellar water is great for all skin types, and the company, Garnier, has different types of micellar water based on skin needs.

If you’re looking for a sustainable way to incorporate this product into your skincare routine, purchase some reusable cotton pads so that you’re decreasing the chance of improper disposal.

cerave hydrating facial cleanser

CeraVe is my absolute favorite skincare brand, as their products are made for an array of skin types.

A lot of face washes I tried in the past left my skin feeling stripped of its natural oils which are vital for your skin.

This product does the opposite! After using this cleanser, my skin feels soft, hydrated and clean. To me, that sounds like a winner!

Cerave moistUrizing cream

When all else fails, CeraVe will save the day.

I’ve experimented with various types of moisturizers, but I always come back to this product. This moisturizing cream locks in all of the hydration and other products first applied to the skin.

It leaves a non-greasy finish, meaning that it’s great for people of all skin types!

first aid beauty ultra repair cream

If you’re looking for a thinner, water-based, moisturizer then First Aid Beauty is the way to go.

This product feels almost weightless and is fantastic for people who struggle with eczema (severely dry and distressed skin). FAB products promise to help users strengthen and calm their skin barrier, and I can definitely say it works.

This product is on the more expensive side, being $38 for a 6oz container. Even with it being more expensive, it’s truly an underrated product that works wonders.

hyaluronic acid serum

This is just an extra little way to show some love to your skin!

Not only is it great for hydration, but it also helps with scarring, reduces wrinkles/lines and maintains supple skin.

You should apply hyaluronic acid to clean, slightly damp skin and then lock it all in with a moisturizer (and sunscreen).

innisfree sunscreen

I’ve tried countless amounts of sunscreens and they either dried out my skin, irritated the sensitive spots on my face or made my acne flare up.

Innisfree SPF 36 sunscreen feels like an additional layer of moisture that lasts all day long. This sunscreen is made by a Korean skincare brand that focuses on using primarily natural ingredients in their products which are much more gentle on the skin.

Remember, it doesn’t matter the time of year or whether the sun is out or not, you should ALWAYS wear SPF!

jergEns ultra healing body lotion

This is a staple in my everyday routine, especially during the fall and winter months.

Jergens is a trusted brand that’s been shown to alleviate overall dryness caused by wind, cold temps, sun exposure or anything else!

The ultra-healing lotion has no stickiness and leaves a non-greasy, smooth finish on the skin. In my opinion, this is one of the best budget-friendly lotions available almost anywhere you go.

Don’t forget to give a little love to the rest of your body during these chilly months!

Dry skin can be uncomfortable, but hopefully some of these products can help ease those struggles and boost your confidence!

Allie is a PSU student studying Public Relations & minoring in Recreation, Parks & Tourism Management. In her free time she enjoys listening to music, traveling, reading, and painting!