This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.
Make It Dynamic!

Ditch the standard weight machines and treadmill, go for functional training sessions that incorporate props and body weight moves. Not only will you get great results, your mind will be engaged the entire time. Try out box jumps, TRX bands, kettlebell swings and resistance bands.

Switch It Up!

When your body gets used to a particular exercise you will become bored and you’ll stop seeing results. Integrate different forms of exercise into your weekly workouts. Weight training sessions, yoga/pilates, dancing or hiking are great switch ups!

Look For Workout Inspiration!

I’m not talking bikini models on Instagram – I’m talking real people. Check out women like Natacha Oceane or Whitney Simmons for workout routines that focus on athleticism. Seeing these strong women at work will get your FIRED UP!

Figure Out Why You’re Working Out In The First Place!

Is it just for aesthetics or are you making lifestyle change? Exercising for strictly aesthetic purposes can actually be more difficult than making a lifestyle change. Sit down and figure out why you really want to hit the gym because once you have a purpose the rest is easy. Results take time, but the way strong makes you feel lasts forever! 

Pro-tip: Set fitness goals for yourself that don’t focus on weight! Do you want to be able to do 15 pushups without a rest? Maybe you want to be able to run an 8 minute mile? Goals will motivate you to stick with it.

Get Moving!

One of the most important ways to love your workout is to JUST DO IT. Don’t focus on what everyone else is doing, just get moving! What works for one person might not work for you. Whether that means going outside for a walk or lifting heavy weights, your workout is YOUR workout, own it and love it!

Montana is a senior at Penn State studying Broadcast Journalism with minors in Theatre and Arts Entrepreneurship and Innovation. She has a special interest in music and wellness.