This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As a college student, I am running around all day with very little time for myself. 

Since I came back to school for the spring semester, I have felt my anxiety rising to unprecedented levels. The first week, I slept an average of five hours a night due to my full time class schedule, involvement in three organizations on campus, and sorority recruitment. 

After a long and relaxing break, it’s hard to come back and adapt to college life once again. Juggling academics, social events, campus organizations and leaving home once again causes a lot of stress and anxiety, no matter what year you are in school. 

I was so emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted, and I had to find an answer to my problem. I tried everything from drinking detox or nighttime tea to taking melatonin. However, nothing made me extremely relaxed and ready for bed. 

One night, I spontaneously searched yoga videos on YouTube and I stumbled upon “Yoga with Adrienne.” I decided to give it a shot. The results have not only made me more relaxed, but also made my muscle tension and anxiety levels decrease significantly. 

In addition to the stress of academics, all students are hunched over desks everyday and have to walk miles around campus, which can cause tension in joints and back. Doing a few stretches and breathing exercises a night will help you function during the day and have a satisfying nights sleep. 

There’s no equipment necessary, but a mat or carpet is recommended. After I did yoga for the first time, I have implemented it into my daily routine. Taking care of your body and mind is very important to be successful in school — and life in general. 

I have found myself in anxious and depressive episodes at school, but when I carve out time for myself, I consistently see a more positive attitude and more productivity. Taking 15 minutes out of your day could improve your life in so many different ways.

Here are some yoga products I recommend.

1. Gaiam Yoga Mat Thin- around $23 (subject to change depending on color)

2. Gaiam Thick Yoga Mat- $17 (subject to change depending on color)

3. BalanceFrom GoYoga Mat- $15.99 (subject to change depending on color)

4. SHANDALI GoSweat Non-Slip Hot Yoga Towel- $14.99

Here are my favorite yoga YouTube channels. 

1. Yoga with Adrienne

2. Yoga by Candance

3. Yoga With Kassandra

Junior Public Relations Major with minors in French and Political Science at the Penn State University.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.