This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

From that one creeper who keeps staring at you working out to daydreaming about Ben & Jerry’s while you’re on the treadmill, the gym is filled with awkward interactions and self-reflection.

Here are 26 thoughts we are all guilty of having when working out:

1.     Okay, time to see if I need to avoid anyone here. Let’s make sure I don’t know anyone by the treadmills

2.     That guy is running pretty fast

3.     Should I be going faster?

4.     Why is this guy staring me?

5.     Am I doing something wrong?

6.     Do I have something on my butt?

7.     This is such a waste of time. I’ll still look the same tomorrow

8.     There are 17 other treadmills, and you choose the one that is right next to me? Thank you

9.     Do I know that guy?

10.  I wonder if there is one guy in here not wearing his frat letters

11.  Ugh, I’m tired

12.  I wonder if I’ll ever look like that

13.  Wow, that girl is skinny

14.  I wonder if she comes here every day

15.  What should I do next? Weights? Ha.

16.  Do I have something on my face?

17.  Why do you feel the need to stare at me every time I look up from doing ab workouts?

18.  I’m hungry

19.  Would it be bad if I ate after this?

20.  Maybe I’ll have a salad

21.  But I just bought Ben & Jerry’s the other day

22.  Okay, this is getting a little creepy now – stop staring me

23.  How long have I been here? It feels like forever

24.  10 minutes, great, great

25.  Okay if I leave now, I swear I’ll run home.

26.  See ya never

Stay in shape collegiette – it’s good for you, even if it drives you crazy.

Photo credit: 1

Jacqueline Napolitano is currently a sophomore at Penn State University. She is majoring in Journalism and minoring in psychology. She is the head editor to Her Campus Penn State and is loving every second editing articles for the talented writers of Penn State. Her love for everything Buzzfeed and other relatable blogs is what made her want to get in on the action of Her Campus in the fall of 2015. Her experience includes being the Triangle Correspondent for her sorority's magazine, an editorial director for an upcoming book and being the Opinions and Editorial editor for her high school paper. Jacqueline enjoys binge watching every Netflix show from one tree hill to orange is the new black and can recite every episode of friends imagined. She hopes to gain experience in the Public Relations side of Her Campus as well as the writing side. She plans on working in Public Relations or digital journalism for a full time career.
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.