bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 UP Fitness Classes to Try!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Portland chapter.

How many of you struggle with going to the gym on a regular basis? I know I do. I know exercising’s so important, but when life gets busy going to the gym is normally the first thing that gets pushed to the side. This summer though I found out that I’m totally more of a fitness class person. Classes are so much more fun than trying to do your own workout. At least for me, I’m more likely to actually do the workout when someone’s there and telling me what to do. If not, then those 30 push-ups turns more into 10. Oops. So if you’re like me, give fitness classes a try! The UP gym’s super nice and offers a bunch of different classes. Here are 5 to check out.

1. Invigorating Yoga

When: Tuesdays  8:15 am -9:15 am;  Wednesdays 5:00 pm-6:00 pm

I absolutely love yoga classes! When I was home for the summer, I joined a local yoga studio that one of my sisters goes to. It has a bunch of classes besides just traditional yoga. I loved going to TRX, Pilates and Vinyasa Flow.  I was so excited to see that they were offering yoga classes at UP this semester. This class is definitely a must-go to! There’s also a centering yoga class that’s open to all levels.

2. Kickboxing

When: Mondays 7:00 pm -8:00 pm; Tuesdays 6:30 pm-7:30 pm; Wednesdays 8:00 pm-9:00 pm

My friend went to this class and she said it’s great for beginners! Grab your friends and break a sweat. Are you a kickboxing pro? Try out the advanced kickboxing class!

3. Zumba

When: Sundays 7:00 pm-8:00 pm; Mondays 8:00 pm-9:00 pm; Tuesdays 8:00 pm-9:00 pm; Wednesdays 8:00 p m-9:00pm; Thursdays 7:00 pm-8:00 pm; Fridays 12:00 pm-12:45 pm

If there’s one thing us Pilots love, it’s Zumba! Get ready to lose yourself in the music and burn those calories. P.S. If you like Zumba, give Oula a try! It’s like Zumba but jazzier and features more of today’s top hits.

4. Pilot Cycle

When: Sundays 7:00 pm-8:00 pm; Tuesdays 7:00 am-8:00 am; Tuesdays 8:00 pm-9:00 pm; Wednesdays 6:00 pm-7:00 pm; Thursdays 8:00 pm-9:00 pm

Talk about a great spin workout! Bike your way to a better bod by signing up for this class.

5. Meditation

When: Tuesdays  7:00 pm-8:00 pm; Wednesdays 7:00 pm-8:00 pm

While college life is super fun, it can also be pretty hectic. This class is a perfect way to take time out of your day to just exist in the moment.

Victoria is a senior marketing major with a sustainability minor at the University of Portland. In her free time, she loves browsing the aisles of Target, exploring Portland and drinking chocolate milk. When in doubt her outfits are almost entirely from Old Navy and you can normally find her in Kenna Hall where she is one of the Resident Assistants.