Wellness

Pressed Juicery Cleanse Series: Detox Half-Day Fast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

This week I did Pressed Juicery’s Detox Half-Day Fast. Each drink is labeled in the order you are supposed to drink them every two hours.

It consists of four drinks and one shot. I paid $23 for the four drinks and shot thanks to the Pressed Juicery membership (which I highly recommend). It is basically free, and you can cancel whenever and restart whenever–check their website for more info.

I started my day at 11 a.m. and had Celery Juice. It is 50 calories and contains celery and lemon. I am not a fan of celery, but the lemon juice made it a bit more bearable.

At 1 p.m., I had Greens 3. This one is 140 calories and is made of apple, cucumber, celery, lemon, spinach, kale, parsley, and ginger. This one doesn’t taste as good as the previous, but it is not awful and definitely bearable. This juice is a great energy boost and has lots of vitamins.

At 3 p.m., I had Citrus 2. This was my favorite juice of the day. It is 240 calories and contains apple, pineapple, lemon, and mint. It has a ton of antioxidants and is a yummy, refreshing juice.

At 5 p.m., I had the Chocolate Almond drink. It is 420 calories, and it is packed with protein. It is made of almonds, dates, cacao, and sea salt. I love the taste of this one and it’s a nice fill up before you eat your dinner.

Lastly, I had my wellness shot and pasta for dinner. The wellness shot is five calories and contains ginger, lemon, and ground cayenne pepper. It does not taste great and is pretty spicy, but it is a good metabolism boost to have before your meal!

This cleanse was a great detox from all the bad foods I have been eating due to stress and midterms. I wouldn’t recommend it as your first cleanse because the juices are a bit tougher on your stomach, but all in all, I enjoyed it!

Emma Thomasson

Pepperdine '21

Hello! My name is Emma. I am a student at Pepperdine University and I am studying Philosophy with the hopes of obtaining my MFT license after I graduate in 2021. I was born in Houston, Texas, and raised in Waco, Texas. That being said, I am avid supporter of Baylor sports and TexMex! I believe mental health is the most important thing to maintain in college. Some ways that I maintain mine include (but are not limited to) boxing, Disney, and beach days with my friends out here in Malibu!
Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.