This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Do you ever feel like your life has just become too much to handle? Like you need to step out of your own skin for a bit and run away? Truth be told, everyone gets to that point. There comes a time when we all bite off more than we can chew and then, find ourselves feeling like we are drowning. Below, I outlined five things I do when I feel like I need to run away from my own life. Hopefully they can inspire you, too.

1. Organize your planner

Nothing helps me more than sitting down and studying my planner, comparing due dates, and making a priority list to see the order in which everything needs to be done. You may just find out that you have more free time then you thought!

2. Go for a jog

No, for real…it sounds crazy but it works! A light run or walk for even ten minutes makes you feel so much more relieved. My housemates always know when I go to the gym because my entire mood is lighter.

3. Take a nap

Easier said than done when you have never ending anxiety. But, sometimes you just have to cuddle up with a fuzzy blanket and turn off your brain for a few minutes!

4. Spend time with your friends

Gather up your friends and do whatever you guys do best! Whether that be heading out for a night on the town, or staying in to watch your favorite movie. Girl time is the best remedy.

5. Call your mom

When all else fails, call your mom! Someway, somehow, she always knows what to say and just how to say it.

Hello, I'm Kaitlin. I am a Marketing major with a double major in Public Relations at SUNY Oswego. I have an incredibly strong love for the fashion industry, and hope to obtain a career involving that passion once I graduate in 2018. I have been a member of Her Campus for two years now and am extremely excited to be a Chapter Advisor! I'm a self proclaimed Christmas enthusiast, an avid lover of rainy days, and fun fact: I co-own an international pop-culture blog! 
Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.