bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Healthy Habits: #5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Tricks or treats collegiettes? Halloween is approaching FAST and the temptation of all the caramel-filled sugar laden candies is out in full force. While the occasional Twix or Reese’s cup (becoming a little too occasional in my diet lately, whoops) won’t derail your hard work, it’s good to keep those portions in check and stick to the fun-size or mini versions to curb your cravings. Still on the subject of Halloween, a large number of you, I am sure, will be sporting skimpier or tighter clothing than normal (if there’s ever a night to wear minimal clothing and get away with it – this is it!) and therefore want your body to look as much like Anne Hathaway’s Catwomen as possible. I’ve got a few exercises that’ll give you the blazing guns or tight booty that you’re looking to be a major asset to your costume this year.

Not So Skeletal Arms–> Warm up for 15-30 minutes with cardio of your choice (I would suggest a HIIT workout!) and then complete 10-12 reps for each superset:

• Superset1 (3x through):-Pushups-Bent over rows 
  • Superset2 (3x through):-Chest press (on bench or ball)-Flys (on bench or ball) 
  • Superset3 (3x through):-Front shoulder raise-Lateral shoulder raise 
  • Superset4 (3x through):-Bicep curls-Tricep dips

*Added challenge: add 1:00 jump rope or 1:00 plank (or both!) between each superset

BOO(ty)!

–> Warm up with 10-20 minutes of light cardio and then complete each supetset 4x before moving onto the next —

*denotes that weight (dumbell, kettlebell, barbell) should be used

• Superset1-15 squats*-15 hamstring curls on stability ball
  • Superset2-10 backwards lunge (each leg) with rear lift*-10 single leg deadlifts (each leg)*
  • Superset3-15 jump squats-15 glute bridges
  • Superset4-10 curtsy lunge (each leg)*-15 plie squat*

Try these workouts a few times before your big debut and you’ll be sure to attract zombies and superheroes alike!

BONUS: If you’re looking for something to do with the millions of pumpkins you thought would be carved and painted by now but instead are taking up space in your living room, try this workout! —http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Pumpkin-Workout-35888891