This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Temperatures are dropping – don’t let your motivation. There are plenty of ways to avoid becoming molded to your couch and keeping active instead. If cold temps really bog you down and you’re still not comfortable with the Disney world-type crowds at the RPAC, get out of your comfort zone and check out some hot yoga studios around Columbus!

Depending on the style of class you choose, the room will be heated to a toasty temperature ranging between 90-110 degrees causing you to likely break a sweat before even beginning your practice. While the first couple of classes may seem like Dante’s inferno, it doesn’t take long to adjust to the increased heat. To make sure you’re fully prepped for your first yoga sweat-sesh here’s a few tips for first timers:

• Tight-fitting, moisture-wicking clothing is recommended as loose garments will weigh you down and cause restriction in your movements 
  • Take a spot near the door or windows, as those spots tend to be slightly cooler. 
  • Bring a towel to help keep you from slipping around on the mat. 
  • Take it easy and listen to your body. Yoga is not about competition but finding out how to best suit your own body to your own practice. 
  • Most importantly, make sure to get adequate hydration both before and after the class. You’ll sweat a lot so it’s very important to replace lost fluid and electrolytes.

ALSO, here are some awesome places to check out in Columbus with a seriously great review attached for each one:  http://www.columbusunderground.com/hot-yoga-in-columbus-more-and-better-hw2015-na1

Don’t wait any longer – get off the couch and on to your mat. NAMASTE.