7 Tips for Getting the Spring Break Body You’ve Always Wanted

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

Most of us would be lying if we said we weren’t counting down the days until spring break. Whether it’s crossing off each day that passes on the large fridge magnet calendar in your apartment or checking how many days, minutes, AND seconds remain until the much needed hiatus from our everyday lives on a smartphone countdown app, we all have some idea of when it’s coming. With this anticipation, however, comes one major realization for everyone traveling to the beach: “S***, I’m going to be in a bathing suit in less than a month,” and with that, you automatically regret the drunken chicken fingers and fries you ate last Saturday night, which you weren’t really hungry for, but they just sounded so good. No need to regret these 7 fun and simple tips will have you rocking your spring break bod in no time!

1. Be knowledgeable about what you eat and make healthy choices.Working out everyday from now until spring break will not make much of a difference if you don’t have a healthy diet with the proper nutrients to accompany your hours at the gym. Eliminating trans fats that are found in foods like fried chicken and opting for grilled chicken instead, or cutting out “empty calories,” like the ones you find in soda and going for a water or a fruit smoothie, are great options for healthier eating. Better food choices will give you more energy and improve your overall health, as well.

2. Don’t think you have to cut yourself off from every food that isn’t celery.

If you’re craving something, why not have it? Everything is fine in moderation!

3. Realize fad diets don’t work and just get your butt to the gym.

Yes, you might lose weight from fad diets, but keep in mind that, while on a fad diet, your body is not receiving the proper nutrients to function properly. Not receiving all of the nutrients your body needs results in a weakened immune system, making you more likely to get sick. Plus, once you start eating normally again, you’ll gain all of the weight back almost instantly, so what was the point?

4. Gym … Ym … M … N … Netflix!

Having trouble getting away from your comfy bed and Netflix account? Round up your girl friends and go for a workout class together! Having friends with you while you work out makes getting your beach bod ready so much more fun–you might not even realize you’re working out! Also, switch it up and go for a class you haven’t tried before. Who knows, maybe the boxing class you took with the hot Tim Riggins look-a-like instructor might turn out to be your new favorite workout.

5. Make a kicka** playlist for your workouts to pump you up and get you in the zone.Listening to your favorite songs while working out is a good distraction from your workout, so instead of thinking about how much your legs burn from running, you’ll focus on the song. Your favorite songs can also be more motivating! Personalize your playlist the next time you work out and you’ll be drunk in love with Queen B and Jay on the treadmill in no time.

6. Find workouts on Pinterest or smartphone apps like “Nike Training Club.”So many of us do not have effective work outs simply because we don’t know how to efficiently plan out our exercise routines. Pinterest work out ideas are simply laid out, and many of them even demonstrate how to do every exercise. In addition, the “Nike Training Club” app includes workouts from famous Hollywood trainers and allows you to customize your workouts, as well!

7. Think positively and be confident. Even the most toned figure has no merit if the girl inside the body is not happy with herself. Own your beauty!

Happy spring breaking, collegiettes!

A freshman at The Ohio State University studying and pursuing a career in PR striving to be an eloquent mix between Carrie Bradshaw and Samantha Jones, without Carrie's whole "getting married at forty" thing.