Wellness > Health

3 Easy and Healthy Eats Near OSU’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

On top of all the stresses that come with being a college student, we have to figure out a way to feed ourselves! While you’re running around trying to balance classes, homework, exams and at least a few hours of sleep, it can seem almost impossible to find time to organize a healthy and balanced meal. On the bright side, there are many restaurants on and off Ohio State’s campus that have easy (and delicious) meals to address our cravings as stressed-out college students. 

1. Playa Bowls

This restaurant is High Street’s newest addition and everybody is excited about it. Playa Bowls has a wide selection of healthy food options including açai bowls, chia, oatmeal, smoothies, juices and so much more. Their menu is made of only high-quality ingredients which will make you feel refueled and nourished. But on the flip side, One Playa Bowls is a bit pricier than some other smoothie shops near campus. Fortunately, they are a vendor that accepts BuckID cash! Their shop, located on High Street near North campus, also has plenty of seating indoors, great music and a charming, tropical aesthetic if you’re looking for a fun place to get your work done. I highly recommend giving this one a try! 

2. Sloopy’s

Sloopy’s is a must-try dining hall classic. If you have a dining plan on campus, you’ve definitely fallen in love with Sloopy’s. They’re most known for their milkshakes, burgers and pancakes. So why are they on a list for healthy food options? Sloopy’s actually has a nutritious selection if you’re choosing the right items. A few examples include their avocado toast with two eggs of any style, vegetarian breakfast patties, fresh fruit and a spinach salad topped with strawberries, feta and sliced almonds. Sloopy’s options are tasteful and fulfilling, but they’re also extremely convenient. Located at the heart of South Campus, it’s easily accessible from many dorms and locations on campus. Sloopy’s stays a consistent and nutritious option for any time of the day. 

3. First Watch

This restaurant is another location with a great reputation! First Watch is a delectable place to grab breakfast or lunch. They have a sit-down environment, so I suggest First Watch for a meal with friends or a longer break from studying. Their menu has something for everybody, with many healthy options included. Nutritious meals include eggs, açaí bowls, avocado toast, salads, yogurt bowls and so much more. Because there are so many options, you can experiment with their menu and try a variety of options, especially ones that you don’t have to feel guilty about. First Watch is another vendor that accepts BuckID cash which is super convenient when it comes to a price point. 

Overall, there are many options on campus to fulfill your hunger in a healthy and convenient way. Columbus and Ohio State have a lot to offer when it comes to food, just make sure you’re looking in the right places!

The Ohio State University 2024 Communications Major French and Dance Minor