This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

It can be a little frustrating or intimidating when you first start working out.  Sometimes the feelings can be intensified when you’re working out in a gym. You are you surrounded by people who look like they know what they’re doing, you are embracing the fact that you don’t necessarily know what you’re doing. Where do you start? How do you begin? Intimidation is a big inspiration killer and can potentially make you not want to exercise.

Source: Giphy

When I first started exercising, I felt those same feelings. I felt like a fish out of water going to the gym because everybody knew exactly what they’re doing or that’s just how it looked. Not to mention my hectic schedule made it so difficult for me to exercise, it felt almost impossible to go to the gym so I felt like an outsider.

So Pinterest became my guide and I began looking up exercise plans. There are a variety of different ways to keep yourself in shape in the privacy of your own home or dorm. Not only do you not have to face intimidation, but you can totally cater working out to your time and your schedule.

Here is my sample workout that I put together on my own. I split them between two days and alternate them throughout the week. If you’re just starting out exercising and want to try this out go at your own pace and see how your body feels before taking on more than you can chew. Also, do not forget to give yourself at least 60 seconds of rest!

Part I

Crunches  3x 8-12 reps

Arm Circles 3x 8-12 reps

Push-ups 3x 8-12 reps

Tricep Dips 3x 8-12 reps

Planks 1x 30 seconds

Part II

Squats 3x 8-12

Lunges 3x 8-12

Curtsy Squat 3x 8-12

Hip thrust 3x 8-12

Calf Raises 3x 8-12

Source: Giphy

Hey! The name is Khaiara but people tend to call me Kay or Khai! I am a junior at Old Dominion, Human Service major and dog lover! I am a die hard humanitarian and my goal is to help people the best I can! The world is big and I just want to leave my mark! My hobbies include drawing, painting, and occasional blogging! Before I started writing for HC ODU I ran my own personal blog site http://www.discoveringwoman.com/. I love writing and plan to continue after I graduate. Follow me on social media if ya want @kaymurrlli