Top Subscription Box Services for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NYU chapter.

Nowadays there’s a subscription service for almost anything. Subscription services provide everything from toiletries to gifts to even food, a perfect combination for the usually busy and overwhelmed college student. Here are the top subscription services that are perfect for people who don’t have the time to get their necessities. 

Blue Apron

Blue Apron is a subscription box service where you can order groceries for one specific recipe or meal. You can order the meals at dates and times that are most convenient for you. The meals are curated by your dietary preferences so you’re guaranteed a meal that you want to eat. You’re charged by the amount of servings or recipes you want per week. This service is perfect for people who are just tired of constantly eating out or are trying to find healthier options to cook. 

Billie 

Billie is a subscription service that provides razors for “womankind.” In addition to their amazing razors, they offer body care products: lotion, body wash, and shaving cream. Their products are made with natural ingredients, have no harsh parabens, and has never been tested on animals. Their razor sets are complete with two 5-blade razors, one handle, and a magnetic holder. Their sets and replacement blades are all at a price of $9 a month. 

FabFitFun 

FabFitFun is a subscription service that offers 8-10 premium products that fall under the umbrella of beauty, fitness, home, or wellness products. The box is delivered 4 times a year (during seasons) at a price of $50 compared to the $200 value of the products in the box. As a member you also get access to exclusive sales on the brands of the products in the box. This service is perfect for people who splurge on these kind of products or just like to treat themselves once in a while. FabFitBox gives you products that you can actually use and look forward to.

Care/Of

As a college student, I find it exceptionally hard to eat healthy foods on some occasions. This ultimately results in me not getting the proper vitamins and nutrients my body needs. I try to take vitamins from vitamin shops and pharmacies but sometimes I feel like they’re not as effective as they seem to be. Luckily, a subscription service like Care/of exists. You simply fill out a questionnaire and the site makes a recommendation on what types of proteins, vitamins, and other products for your health needs. Prices are solely based on how many vitamins you need and what type the site recommends to you. 

Book of the Month

Book of the Month is the perfect subscription service for people who are absolute book-lovers but don’t seem to have enough time to be them. In between school and work, it’s difficult to find free time to enjoy the simple pleasures like a trip to your local bookstore. You get to pick a book and add more books that are featured for the month, at the price of $14.99 a month. The first month is $9.99. I seriously recommend this to anyone who loves to read and doesn’t have the time to choose a book and has little willpower to read. Book of the month has great stories and will inspire you to read even if you think you don’t have enough time to. 

As you can see there’s an immense range of subscription services from groceries to the latest makeup! There’s a plethora of services out there, so stop worrying and start subscribing!

Images courtesy of Billie and Pexels.

Currently a Junior at New York University studying English literature and Creative Writing. Loves a good book, cheap fitness classes, and a lava cake here and there.
Carly Mantay is currently studying Media, Culture, and Communication at NYU.