Top 5 Tips For a Happy and Healthy 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

Here are some general tips for the year ahead. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2017.

1. Focus on yourself What I mean by this is make sure you have some ‘me’ time. It is often important to have some time alone for reflection and peace of mind. Whilst you may love always being there for other people and spending time with them, a bit of time for yourself shouldn’t go a miss. It isn’t selfish to do stuff just for you, it is important to do so!

2. Think positively As cliché as it sounds, negative thinking will get you nowhere. I know life is difficult sometimes and being positive can be challenging but negativity will only make you feel more down. It could be as simple as picking out one positive thing from each day rather than setting your sights too high. It is also good to surround yourself with people who make you feel positive and radiate good vibes. If you are surrounded by negativity, you will be negative.

3. Take a rain check Now we are in 2017 it is good to take some time to check different aspects of your life. Are there certain things you shouldn’t be bringing in to 2016 with you? If these things or people are no longer necessary or allow you to grow as a person, then simply leave it in the past. It may sound harsh but past events and people can prevent you from moving forward and you have the power and opportunity to let go.

4. Set some goals Whether big or small, setting some goals can be useful in helping you focus. Sometimes making a list of them really helps as once you can tick them off you feel satisfied and essentially that motivates you further. Small steps can lead to even bigger ones so believe in yourself and you can achieve what you want.

5. Try something new

There are so many things out there you may enjoy doing, but you don’t know until you try. It could be a new hobby or a new sport! Whatever it may be, don’t be afraid to do something different, even if it doesn’t work out at least you can say you tried. However, it could work out and this new thing, whatever it is, could be really good for you.

Make 2017 your year.

Sources:

Pinterest

Blogher.com

Drewbairdfitness.com

Polyvore.com

19. History Undergraduate at UoN. Lover of live music.
Immy Hibberd

Nottingham