kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Best Pinterest Boards for Fitness Motivation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

Sometimes we need just a little “fitspiration” to get us off of the computer and to the gym, but I know better than anyone that it becomes increasingly difficult when you have Twitter, Instagram, and especially Pinterest calling your name. So, here are five Pinterest boards that will inspire you to lose your muffin tops, rather than bake them.

1. Motivation by x0ashleymegan

This is by far my favorite motivational board because it is filled with thousands of pins of basically the hottest girls you have ever seen. Though at times I feel a little weird spending hours looking at hot girls in bikinis, it really is one of the most affective modes of inspiration because you find an actual image to strive for. Trust me, after you scroll through these pins for an hour, you will be doing squats for days.

2. Reasons to be Fit by ProjectHybrid

If you ever find yourself running out of steam, forgetting why you even wanted to get fit in the first place, just take a glance at this board and I can guarantee that you will find at least one reason to keep you going. This board has the most extensive number of reasons to be fit that I have seen yet and picking a new reason each day becomes a fun way to motivate yourself to become the best and fittest version of yourself.

3. Motivation! by goodhealth

Health Magazine’s purpose is to “motivate you to eat smart, stay fit, and be happy,” and their Pinterest account definitely achieves that goal. Their Motivation! board is teaming with links to helpful articles on health, fitness, and everything in between. Here you will find moves and workouts to change up your fitness routine, apps that will help keep you moving, and healthy foods that will keep you energized.

4. Motivation by nikewomen

Nike is a favorite fitness brand of men and women alike and like their slogan, their motivational board inspires you to “just do it.” The board, fully equipped with the well-known Nike swoosh, inspires through the use of Nike’s famous motivational quotes, along with workout videos and adorable fitness gear that will not only get you to the gym, but also to your nearest Nike store.

5. Motivation by fitnessrepublic

I only recently discovered this motivational board, but I always find myself going back. It is very similar to goodhealth’s Motivation! board in respect to the fact that it centers on articles for health and motivation; however, what is unique about this board is that its main focus is self-betterment. Its intention is to inform and inspire people to better their mind, body, and soul, focusing on the entire person, rather than solely the body.

So if you ever find yourself tempted to try out your latest Pinterest recipe rather than taking a trip to the gym, remember these boards are here to motivate and inspire. Today, my reason to be fit is “because being sore is the best motivator (#0945).” What’s yours? 

Follow the HCND Pinterest account, pin with us, and remember to keep posted with HCND on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook!

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Erin Rose Howard is a sophomore Business and English major at the University of Notre Dame. Hailing from the beautiful state of New Mexico, you can find her around campus attempting to bring some of her NM sunshine to ND. She is a strong promoter of the four main food groups: coffee, Diet Coke, chocolate, and pizza. Erin Rose's interests include: food, fashion, family, and friends. You can find the rarely updated story of her life on Instagram @erin_rose_howard or on Twitter @erhoward96.