Wellness

Get your body moving only a few steps away from bed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Northwestern chapter.

It is cold outside! Although this time of year can present a beautiful winter wonderland, the combination of icy streets, frigid temperatures, and fierce winds is not the best motivation to leave the comfort of a warm and cozy dorm room or apartment. Maybe trips to the gym will decrease, but this does not have to mean that getting in feel-good movement has to decrease as well. YouTube has certainly helped in that regard, so below are some of the best YouTubers to get your body moving only a few steps away from your bed. 

1. The Fitness Marshall

The Fitness Marshall is the greatest of all time. His dancing workout videos are each about three minutes long and get the blood pumping to hit songs. Do about 10 of them for a great 30 minute workout, but it is almost guaranteed that you will not want to stop. His energy, motivating shouts, and silly remarks call for a good and active time.

2. MadFit

MadFit has it all. Her workout videos span from yoga to full body to upper body to legs to abs to dance to stretching and everything in between. There are options for different intensities and durations as well as for both beginners and those who are more advanced. On her channel you can find a Taylor Swift Midnights dance party, but you can also find a 30-minute strength workout.

3. POPSUGAR Fitness

Like MadFit, POPSUGAR Fitness has a wide variety of workout videos that workout different parts of the body and for different amounts of time. These videos are probably as close as you can get to attending a workout class while in your bedroom. Led by fitness instructors and sometimes accompanied by celebrity appearances, this channel almost certainly contains what you are looking for.

4. Move with Nicole

Move with Nicole is all about moving your body to feel good, happy and fresh. Her yoga and pilates classes transport you into a serene, beach oasis with each video featuring a stunning backdrop. 

5. Yoga with Adriene

Yoga with Adriene is a common favorite for many people who enjoy yoga. She has yoga for all sorts of purposes and clearly explains how to move through each position. She emphasizes the important quality of mindfulness, which is especially relevant given the stressful environment of students in school or professionals in the workplace.

Madeleine Stern

Northwestern '25

Madeleine is studying journalism at Northwestern University. When she is not writing, she can be found exploring Chicago, trying new Evanston restaurants, going for runs along the Lakefill, dancing around her dorm room, cheering on the New York Giants, or spending time with her friends.