25 Songs that Will Make You Feel Like the Main Character

With finals week fast approaching and midterm season barely behind us (I had one this afternoon!), I’m sure many of you are feeling the “Week Seven Slump,” myself included. You know, the burnout and exhaustion that comes from staying up late at night stressing to finish a paper or cramming for your next exam. Even if you want to, sometimes it’s hard to find time in your day to take a break and treat yourself. One thing that has helped me push through the slump is finding joy in the small stuff. While the idea of ‘romanticizing your life’ or ‘being the main character’ may seem like a fun TikTok trend, making that slight shift in perspective can make all the difference. 

If you picture your life as a movie, you are more likely to find joy in the small things and live in the moment, and one of the most critical parts of any film is the soundtrack. The soundtrack of a movie sets the tone for every scene, so to help you start romanticizing your life, I have created a soundtrack of 25 songs to make you feel like the main character. 

1. 1. “Tongue Tied” by Grouplove

2. 2. “Greek Tragedy (Oliver Nelson TikTok Remix)” by The Wombats and Oliver Nelson

3. 3. “Electric Love” by Børns

4. 4. “Homemade Dynamite” by Lorde

5. 5. “Plastic Hearts” by Miley Cyrus

6. 6. “Champagne Problems” by Taylor Swift

7. 7. “Can I Call You Tonight” by Dayglow

8. 8. “Are You Bored Yet?” by Wallows and Clario

9. 9. “Only Angel” by Harry Styles

10. 10. “Little League” by Conan Grey

11. 11. “Golden” by Harry Styles

12. 12. “Mariposa” by Peach Tree Rascals

13. 13. “Crash my Car” by Coin

14. 14. “Young, Wild, and Free” by Snoop Dog, Wiz Khalifa, and Bruno Mars

15. 15. “Green Light” by Lorde

16. 16. “All for Us” by Labrinth and Zendaya

17. 17. “The Great Divide (Crash Cove Remix)” by Rebecca Black

18. 18. “Paris” by The Chainsmokers

19. 19. “Checkmate” by Conan Grey

20. 20. “Weak” by AJR

21. 21. “A.M.” by One Direction

22. 22. “Fluorescent Adolescent” by Arctic Monkeys

23. 23. “Michigan” by Arms Akimbo

24. 24. “The Spins” by Mac Miller

25. 25. “Still Don’t Know my Name” by Labrinth

Here is a link to the playlist on Spotify.

Next time you feel like you are doing some mundane activity, put on your headphones and start romanticizing your life with this playlist because you are the main character in your story.