stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Self Care Tips For The Mid-Semester Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

It’s getting warmer out and spring fever is in full effect. The semester is not over, but the final stretch is near. So, while you’re stuck inside and studying for your final exams of the semester, keep these few things in mind.

The End is in Sight  

YOU CAN DO IT! While it feels that all of your work is slowly, but surely, cumulating and beginning to stack up, remember that the semester is almost over. Though it may not feel like it, there isn’t much time left, so enjoy the time you have left at college before summer. While summer is near (which is much needed), don’t forget to enjoy the little things at school before you’re away from your friends for break. You’ll regret not enjoying your last bit of the semester if you spend it stressed out and irritable. Do your work and do it well, but also take some time for yourself and to be with friends.

Breathe.

Take a walk. Exercise. Do your work outside on a nice day. Just breathe. Surrounding yourself with a calming environment will help you relax, even though you may be working vigorously. A little Vitamin C never hurt anyone. Taking breaks while studying and giving your brain a chance to settle down is good. If you try to cram everything in all at once, your work will not be nearly at the level/quality it could be at. Make sure you’re always at your best so you can put in your best effort. Being in a comfortable setting where you’ll be most efficient is crucial. Don’t forget to take a deep breath and keep pushing through. You got this!

Don’t Forget, Your Mental Health Comes First

While you may obviously want to grind through your work in a fast-paced fashion, don’t stress yourself out too much. A little stress is always good, but too much stress can make what could be manageable work seem overbearing. This final stretch of the semester is for you to focus on you. It’s the last push to get the best grades you can get, and you can’t do that if you’re a hot mess. If work is overwhelming you, step away from it for a little and get back to it when you’ve cooled off. Rather than thinking that wellness is a waste of time, it’s making sure you’re in the right mindset to put your best effort into your work. Don’t deprive yourself of sleep or food. Your physical and mental health are crucial in getting over this mid-semester hump.

Finish the semester off strong! Good Luck!

Jordyn Kamis

Muhlenberg '21

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Hello! My name is Caroline Kinney, and I am the Campus Correspondent of the Muhlenberg Her Campus Chapter! I am originally from Leesburg, Virginia (D.C./Maryland/Virginia area) and currently a sophomore majoring in Theatre with a minor in Creative Writing. I am elated to be entering into this position at Her Campus Muhlenberg. My primary goals as the President/Editor-In-Chief of the chapter is to have an intersectionality approach to all of our content and to create a special bond between every team member in the chapter. Lover of corgis, guacamole, and intersectional feminism. I am so excited for this semester!