This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

It’s not ideal to spend all of your time in front of the computer screen studying and working on assignments. These are a few things I like to do when I’m tired of working and need a break.

Wash your face.

There are times when I just need to get away from schoolwork and just take a minute to refresh. After you wash your face, you’ll feel clean and ready to start working again. If you want a longer break, you can even go ahead and put on a face mask.

Stretch or do a short workout.

Stretching helps your muscles relax and untighten. A short workout can help get your blood pumping and take your mind off school work and stress. You could go on a walk or just do some jumping jacks.

Clean up the clutter.

Decluttering can help your mind feel more at peace and less chaotic. This may include cleaning up your desk or cleaning up the clothes on the floor. Organizing your room can give your mind a break while staying productive.

Make yourself a nice drink.

Getting up to get a drink of coffee, hot chocolate, juice or tea can help you feel revitalized and more energetic. You can sit down and slowly drink it with a small treat or if you need to get back to working, you can bring it to your desk and drink while working. Personally I prefer a cup of homemade iced lemonade or a cup of tea, but whatever suits your mood will work.

With finals season around the corner, we could all definitely use some time to relax and destress. Hopefully, one of these activities can help you take a break while working on your school work!

Serena Chan is a freshman at Michigan State University with an interest in the business field. In her spare time, she enjoys drinking smoothies and tea, traveling, reading new books, and spending time with friends and family.
MSU Contributor Account: for chapter members to share their articles under the chapter name instead of their own.