If you’ve ever been looking for good and healthy recipes to try for this new year, I got you covered! Today, I’ll be giving you a rundown of my three favorite recipes that I highly recommend.
This Olive Garden-inspired Gnocchi Soup is my favorite soup to make when it's cold outside as it's very creamy and warm, and it makes enough for leftovers.
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 ½ cups of chicken broth
- 2 ⅕ cups of half and half
- 3 ⅕ cups of milk
- Gnocchi (I get mine at HomeGoods)
- Spinach, carrots, and/or onions
- Melt the butter and cook vegetables until desired tenderness
- Add the chicken broth, half and half, and milk and bring to a boil
- Add desired amount of Gnocchi and cook for another 3-5 minutes until you are able to cut the gnocchi in half with a fork (careful: Gnocchi cooks very fast)
- Salt to taste
This recipe is perfect for when you’re feeling a more special dish! Complete with some spice and a little leeway for you to add your own.
- 1.52 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 500g / 1lb chicken thighs, sliced
- 2.5 tbsp curry powder
- 270 ml / 1.25 cups coconut milk, full fat (9 oz) (Note 3)
- 1.5 cups (375 ml) chicken stock low sodium
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coriander/cilantro leaves, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then cook desired vegetales for around 3 minutes.
- Add chicken until cooked
- Mix in curry powder and cook for 2 minutes
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes then salt
- If curry isn't thick enough, add a few pinches of cornstarch
Steak Stir Fry
This is my favorite recipe to make as Asian food is my favorite. This recipe has a very nice blend of spices and flavor.
- Desired Veggies
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- ⅓ Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of flour
- In a skillet cook veggies until soft and brown. Then add steak (I like to add butter and worchestire sauce with the steak)
- In a separate saucepan add garlic, sesame oil, brown sugar, chicken broth and soy sauce and stir until warm
- When broth is warm, ass flour and whisk until the flour is mostly dissolve
- Add veggies and steak and stir until they are thinly coated
- Serve over rice!
Hopefully, if you’re in need of comfort food, you try one of these three amazing recipes that I absolutely adore!