Fun Date Ideas for Couples on or around Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

If you are like me and attend the same college as your significant other, you may have faced the challenge of trying to find something fun to do together while on campus. Rather than sitting around in your dorm room or going to the same restaurant for dinner, here are some fun date ideas that are cheap, easy to plan, and perfect for college students. 

Picnic 

Although it is getting a little cold here in Michigan, bundling up and spending time outside is always fun when you’re with the right person. So, grab a blanket and some of your favorite snacks, find a nice spot outside, and simply hang out with your partner while appreciating the outdoors. 

Sporting Events

One thing that’s nice about college is that there seems to always be a sporting event happening. At least, that’s the case here at Michigan State University. With the exception of football, men’s basketball, and hockey, all MSU sports events are free for students with their student ID. One of my favorite things to do with my boyfriend is going to a game and cheering on my school. I totally recommend it if you’re ever bored on a random weekday night. 

Pinball Pete’s Arcade

Pinball Pete’s Arcade may be the one date night activity that my boyfriend and I default to every time we can’t think of something else. Pinball Pete’s has a few locations, including  East Lansing and Ann Arbor, but any arcade would be just as fun. So, take a small trip off campus and spend those extra quarters you have laying around on some super fun arcade games.

Game Night

My boyfriend and I are very competitive people, so sometimes, a game night is exactly what we need (even if it ends in a small fight). Card games, board games, and video games are all perfect for a night in. Some of our favorite games are Mario Kart and Scrabble, but there are hundreds of options out there. 

Campus Activities

One aspect of campus life that I love is that it feels like there is always something going on. There are many school clubs and organizations that host events nearly every day, and they are often open to all students. My boyfriend and I, who love free stuff and free food, take advantage of these activities whenever we can. It is always a fun little adventure for us, and it definitely can be the same for you and your partner, as well. 

All in all, these are just a few of my favorite on-campus date activities. I hope they inspire you and your partner to get out and do something fun together, even if it is as simple as having a picnic or playing a board game.

Peyton Skiver is a writer, editor, and E-board member of Her Campus at Michigan State University. She writes articles to be published on the Her Campus site and designs content for the HCMSU social media pages. Skiver is a second year student at MSU studying journalism with a minor in sports journalism. Outside of class, she is a reporter for the Spartan Sports Report and a member of the Association of Women in Sports Media (AWSM). Skiver has a passion for photography, writing, and media design. In her free time, she loves to read, listen to music, and binge watch new TV shows.