Baked Treats To Whip Up This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

The holiday season is the best time of the year to spend with your family and friends. It’s usually a time where many enjoy delicious baked foods and treats as well. Here are some delicious recipes for you to try with a friend or family member that will be sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth this holiday season.

1. Almond Butter Blossoms

If you’re not the biggest fan of peanut butter, these almond butter blossom cookies are a game changer. This recipe definitely reminds me of my childhood. The cookies have a rich almond taste to them, with a dusting of cinnamon sugar all around the outside. To top things all off, there’s a Hershey’s kiss plopped in the middle to enjoy which melts into your mouth as you take a bite.

1. Stained Glass Cookies

These cookies will definitely steal the show among an array of other desserts. The colored transparent center of the cookie will certainly catch anyone’s eye, and the best part is it’s all done with a Jolly Rancher! To make things extra fun, you can use different cookie cutter shapes to really showcase the “stained glass” look.

1. Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake

This recipe is like an upgraded version of a pumpkin pie, if you’re a cheesecake lover. The bottom layer consists of a delicious graham cracker crust, the middle layer consists of a traditional pumpkin pie filling, and the very top layer consists of a traditional cheesecake layer. You can serve with a dollop of whipped cream on top of a slice to enjoy this truly decadent dessert.

1. Snickerdoodles

These are an absolute classic cookie to make, especially around the holiday season. Snickerdoodles are perfect for those who love cinnamon and soft, warm cookies. The best part about this dessert is that it’s the quickest and easiest to make if you’re low on time and need a last minute dessert idea.

1. Chocolate Snowball Cookies

These cookies are a delectable resemblance to a snowball. They remind me of Muddy Buddies or puppy chow.. The best part about this recipe is that you’re sure to have all the ingredients in your pantry already! These cookies are the best bite of chocolate goodness with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.

These recipes are certainly a must try during the holiday season to share some delicious treats with your friends and family.

Nikita Shetti is a Senior at Michigan State University studying Applied Engineering Sciences with a concentration in Supply Chain Management. She is an avid dog lover, who also enjoys travelling and trying new foods.