bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Ways to Practice Self-Care During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

With finals just around the corner and our GPA at stake, it can be a nerve-racking time of year for most students. Finals week is undoubtedly one of the most stressful times of a college student’s academic career. From late nights spent in the library, to endless hours of studying, it is a really difficult time for any student, regardless of their year or major. Thankfully, we have put together some self-care tips and tricks in order to stay sane and de stress over this hectic period of time.

1)    Eat Well.

Although it can be all too easy to splurge on unhealthy foods during this week due to the lack of time and busy schedules, it is key to try and sustain a healthy diet. A healthy balanced diet will help you to stay energized and focused throughout the day, making it easier to study long hours for those test. Stock your backpack full of healthy meals and snacks for a long day on campus and remember that you’re nourishing your mind along with your body.

2)    Drink more water.

This is an easy self-care practice. Surprisingly, a lot of us are dehydrated and don’t know it. We think that just because we are drinking something such as coffee or sugary drinks throughout the day, that means we’re covered. However, those drinks don’t offer the body the same healthy benefits as water. Drinking the recommend 8-10 cups of water each day will do many wonders to your body, such as increase energy and relieve fatigue, something we all need for finals week.

3) Exercise, Exercise, Exercise!

Yes, I understand it can be difficult to make time for exercise during this busy week, but even just taking 30 minutes out of your day can make all the difference. Keep it simple, get your blood flowing and body moving. A simple workout produces endorphins in your body which will make you feel happier, keep you awake, and make you feel less stressed. Take a walk, join a yoga class, or lift some weights, you will feel great afterwards.

4) Take a bath and do a face mask.

This is the easiest go-to method in order to de-stress. Simply run a warm bath, light a candle, and throw on your favorite face mask. Within 20-30 minutes you will automatically be feeling better and ready to take on those finals!

Now good luck on your exams, and don’t forget to keep making yourself a priority!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.