bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Must Haves For Spring Break…At Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Ahh…Spring Break. One of the most overhyped college experiences EVER. I mean really, most college kids I know can barely afford an uncrustable. I would go as far as to say that about 5% of the people I know are actually going somewhere tropical this spring break.

While it would be nice to go to a place where snow isn’t on the ground, realistically the majority of college students spend it at home, and there’s certainly nothing wrong with that! Spring break can be a time to relax, unwind, and take care of yourself, all from the comfort of your own home. However, most college students are stressed and work so hard during the semester, they don’t know how to relax when the opportunity is given. So here are my must haves for a relaxing spring break.

1. Candles.  Especially if you’re living that dorm life, candles become a forbidden treasure. They can instantly help set the mood for a romantic evening spent treating yo-self. My favorite candles are Yankee Candles just because they usually burn the best. If you’re balling on a budget, Target also has a really great candle section

1. Face Masks. Face masks are truly a gift from the gods and I could not be more grateful to live in a generation where they are so readily available. Another shout out to Target is in order for the brand of face masks they sell called QueBella. They come in individual packs and have different purposes such as skin brightening or pore minimizing.

3. Hair Masks. While you have your face all lathered up in a luxurious face mask, it’s the perfect time to try out a mask for your hair. Hair masks are meant to hydrate and replenish dry and damaged hair. They’re super simple to use and can even be made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. If you would prefer to buy it, the best brand I’ve come across is Living Proof which can be found at Sephora.

4. Bath Bombs. Definitely another well-deserved hyped product of our generation. However, while these seem to be overhyped on social media, trust me. Credit is given where credit is due. Baths are so calming on their own but add a fizzing ball of soap into the mix and suddenly your bath has just been elevated onto new level of relaxation. While I’ve tried different, cheaper brands of bath bombs, nothing compares to the OG: Lush bath bombs. They have so many scents and options you’re sure to find one that will bring you true bath bliss.

5. Get yo’ nails done! It’s such a simple thing to do but something I never have the time for during the school semester. Go gather up your hometown girls, get your nails done at your favorite salon, then commence staring at your nails in admiration for the next two weeks. I also recommend scooting over to Target right after and treating yourself to new pairs of rings to really complete the look.

6. Exercise. I know exercise and relaxation aren’t usually under the same category, but it can really boost your self-esteem, make you feel more awake, and is a good way to get you up and moving after your 12-hour Gossip Girl binge. The key to enjoying exercising is finding something you vibe with. Take the extra time you have this spring break to figure out what works for you. Experiment with online apps and websites try something you’ve never done before.

7. Do something you love. With all this new found free time, it’s the perfect opportunity to either pick up a new hobby or spend time on one you’ve always enjoyed but may have given up because of your crazy college schedule. Whether it be journaling, running, meditation, crafting, or reading, do something that brings you happiness.

Whether your spring break is spent doing body shots off a stranger or eating late night half priced apps with your crew at home, there is beauty in every situation. Don’t feel bad if you couldn’t afford to go to your dream getaway, most of us fellow college kids feel your pain! What’s important is making the most out of what you have. Sometimes some self TLC is what you need more than anything. I promise doing these small things for yourself will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of your semester.

Thanks for reading!

​HCXO,

Sarah

All gifs found on giphy.com

Sarah Erb

Millersville

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Erb and I am a sophomore studying Early Childhood and Special Education here at Millersville University. When I'm not writing for HerCampus, you can find me working or hanging out with a coffee in hand at Saxbys! I love adventures, talking about the universe, and could go to Chipotle everyday if my bank account let me.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3