This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

Let’s be honest – it’s hard to stay motivated to workout, especially in the organized chaos that is our late teens/early twenties. So when you finally get up off your chair, slip on your kicks and stick in your earbuds, it’s time to turn down the depressing T-Swift song that you downloaded back in junior high. Turn up your workout playlist and get ready to give it a makeover. Her Campus knows that you’re a woman with a variety of tastes, so we’ve provided a smorgasborg of sweet grooves to get your heartbeat racing. Check out these beats and listen to them on our HC Miami (OH) spotify workout playlist.

For The Top 40 Lover In You:“Shake It Off” – Taylor Swift Speak of the devil … this fun new hit from America’s favorite serial-dater is the perfect beat for jumping on the treadmill and starting your first mile off right.

“Boom Clap” – Charlie XCX The beat might be slower, but it’s just so catchy. Use it to pace your squats or free weights.

“***Flawless” – Beyoncè (ft. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) Of course Queen B made our the list. Get up and get your cardio on, lift or stretch to this song. Let the feminist monologue pump you up.

“Bang Bang” – Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj No other song could make you feel more empowered to be a sweat-covered, totally capable bad girl.

Hip-Hop/Rap Requirements:“Know That” – Mos Def (ft. Kweli)It’s an oldie, but a goodie. If you want to focus on your muscle building days, Mos Def’s 1999 genius political and spiritual proclamations will make sure you do.

“Pills N Potions” – Nicki MinajUse this surprisingly soulful tune from Nicki Minaj to cool down and stretch as she teaches you lessons on fake friendship and forgiveness.

“Turn Down For What” – DJ Snake (ft. Lil Jon)Alright, so it’s definitely a song of few words, but come on, if this beat doesn’t pump you up nothing will.

“The Real Slim Shady” – EminemFreaky Eminem was the best Eminem – in fact, take any Eminem song and throw it in your workout playlist and you’ll be good to go.

For Your Inner Hipster:“Shut Up and Dance” – Walk the MoonThis dance jam is one of those songs you just have to run to. It’s celebration of a guy meeting a hot, confident woman at a bar – aka Uptown every weekend.

“Midnight City” – M83 Start off your run with this one. It has the perfect back beat and weird synthesizer to get you actually excited to work out.

“Closer” – Tegan and SaraThe hipster world’s favorite twins Tegan and Sara will get your heart beating like crazy! Just try and resist the urge to dance mid workout.

“Keep Together” – Hunter HuntedAnother awesome pace-setter, this relatively unknown and totally underrated band will make you get off your butt and get going!

Love It or Hate It – Country Music to Get You Moving:“I Want Crazy” – Hunter Hayes Let this talented 22-year-old hunk make you nod your head as you rock the elliptical. The tempo is simple, easy and totally upbeat.

“Somethin’ Bad” – Miranda Lambert ( ft. Carrie Underwood)These two blonde bombshells are totally BA and the beat is so intense, you can’t help but push yourself to go harder.

“Sweet Little Somethin’ “– Jason AldeanAs always, Jason Aldean delivers his best celebration of cute women paired with a bumping guitar that basically begs you to pass people on the track.

“Dust” – Eli Young Band Turn this baby up and leave “nothin’ but dust” behind you.

90’s Kids Must-Haves:“All the Small Things” – Blink 182 Besides the fact that this is the quintessential pump-up song, it’s a 90’s sin to not know every word.

“Longview” – Green DayLet your favorite bratty anarchists lull you into a state of virtual teen angst as you sweat it out to one of their classics.

“Badfish” – Sublime Reggae? Really? Yes. Cool down on a machine or keep on grooving with this upbeat melody.

“Pop” – *NSYNC Even if you were Team Backstreet Boys, you have to admit that this was one of your Hit Clip favorites (remember those?). Luckily you can play more than just the first minute of this throwback for your workout today.

Ellie Conley

Miami (OH)

Ellie Conley is a senior at Miami University. She is the current Editor-In-Chief and the former Publicity Coordinator for the Miami (OH) Chapter of Her Campus.