This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.

When the weather starts to turn, it means spring break, warmer weather, and, unfortunately, midterms. Midterms seem to sneak up on us, but it is important to take them seriously. However, you need to make sure that you take breaks and make time for yourself, while you are studying. Here are some tips to get through midterm week without stressing yourself out too much.

1. Have a “me” night

Take one or two nights where you watch your favorite movie, do a face mask, and paint your nails. Self care is so important, so make sure that you are taking care of yourself while you are studying. This will also help to motivate you to study, since you have something to look forward to at the end of the day.

2. Go to dinner with friends

By taking time out of your day to spend time to go to dinner, you give yourself an hour to relax and hang out with your friends. You need to make sure you are eating healthy food during midterms week, so you don’t get sick. It will also help you relax and find out what is going on in your friends’ lives. Schedule time in your calendar to see the people you care about.

3. Make yourself a schedule

Make yourself a schedule and stick to it. This will help you figure out how long you need to study for each exam and when you can take breaks. By doing this, you will know how you need to manage your time and it will keep you organized.

4. Get at least 8 hours of sleep

Sleeping is important for your mental and physical health, so make sure you get enough of it. If you are tired, you won’t be able to study as effectively as you would otherwise and you risk sleeping through your alarm on test day. If you make yourself a schedule and organize your time, this should not be a problem. I know it is tempting to pull an all nighter, but it will do you more harm than good.

With these tips, you can rock these exams! Good luck and remember that summer is almost here!

Hannah is a freshman at Miami University, where she is majoring in journalism. She has a puggle, named Bailey, loves tennis, and is a huge Survivor fan. Follow her on Instagram @hmbanas99
Mary Carroll

Miami (OH)

CCs