Do the KIND Thing: What is KIND and How it is Changing Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Miami (OH) chapter.
Do you want to do the KIND thing for your college and your body?  One healthy snack company has already carved that path, encouraging people to “pay it forward” and to nourish themselves with their healthy snack bars. Meet KIND, the snack company that has been producing bars and grains that are both “healthy and tasty” since 2004.

“At KIND Snacks, we pride ourselves in having products with ingredients that you can see and pronounce,” said Kelcie Mehwald, the KIND U Ambassador at Miami. “Each of our products can be seen through a clear wrapper and are all made from all-natural whole nuts, fruits, and whole grains.

Though the company started out with eight varieties of bars, KIND now offers more than 22 scrumptious flavors of bars and six Healthy Grain clusters, as well as KIND minis that range around 100 calories.  

Available at King Café, Bell Tower, Dividends, and even at the markets around campus, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t try one of KIND’s affordable and socially impactful snacks, especially with flavors like Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt, or Vanilla Blueberry Clusters with Flax Seed.

KIND is also a promoter of a healthier, happier society and body.  

Mehwald noted that KIND wants “to create a positive environment that reflects our philosophy (the brAND philosophy of saying “AND” not “or”) while also helping to bring the brand to life at Miami University.”  

The company has already impacted 850,000 people by supporting over 343,675 acts of kindness. For a company doing this much good, why wouldn’t you want to be a part of it?  (Business students: take note!)  Mehwald added that, “Snacks promoted on campus also helps promote college students to make the world a little kinder with one kind act and one snack at a time.”

So, instead of spreading the latest rumor or lying in bed, munching on a box of Cheez-It crackers while you watch the seventh straight episode of SpongeBob, Mehwald said to spread the #KINDAwesome message and try one of the several delicious flavors KIND snack bars has to offer:

Remember to do the KIND thing for your body, your taste buds, and for the world one bar at a time!