Wellness

Is the Workout App Workout Women Worth It? Let’s Dive in

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Like everyone else, I’m bored in quarantine. When trying to think of things to do instead of laying in bed all day, I remembered how I was constantly telling myself at school I wanted to start going to the gym. In fact, my roommate and I made a pact to start going after we came back from spring break. As you know that didn’t work out (no pun intended), but even with not going back to school and the gym being closed I didn’t want that to stop me. I have workout equipment in my house that’s available too as my parents are exercise freaks. So I really told myself there were no excuses. Instead of just diving into what I had available to me in my house I looked online at some different apps to help me figure out what I wanted to do. I landed on one called “Workout Women” and so far it’s pretty awesome. It’s nice and easy for someone that’s just starting out. It’s focused on the women’s body which is helpful and men and women are structured differently and have different needs. When you first download the app it has you select from a bunch of different categories on what exactly you want to focus on. From there it gives you a “Daily 7” which is a quick seven-minute workout you do every day and they change the different exercises being done in it. You can also do other workout videos that are longer or shorter and can select what level you want beginner, intermediate, expert. As well as you can even start programs for free that last several weeks. The app also tracks how many workouts you’ve done with how many minutes and calories burned total. I definitely recommend the app as you don’t need outside equipment and it’s easy. I even do it right in the comfort of my own room at night. It makes you feel good at the end of the day especially without being able to get out as often as we would like to.

Kaylee Bickford is a Junior at Lasell University studying psychology. She is also a member of Class Committee as the Junior Class Treasurer and CAB. A few fun facts about her are; she absolutely loves sloths, obsessed with her birthday, and Christmas is her favorite holiday. Her instagram can be found at @kaylee_bickford.