What We’re Loving This Week – 5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

Week 3 of second term, or week 13, is here. *cries inside* This year is already going so fast already! It’s not all that long before the likes of Helen and I, Lancaster’s Chapter Correspondents, will be moving on from university, so we’re making the most of every moment. This week, we’re taking our minds of the academics and enjoying fashion moments, and all those things printed. And if you’re into travel, or need that little push to say yes to studying abroad, then head over to our HC Lancaster Instagram where Hannah, our Instagram queen, is sharing travel snaps from our team of writers.  

1. This pastel pink-purple shade

All over it. You’ll find us at HC Lancaster making the most of this colour, which is appropriate for every season of the year – even better! New Look in the centre of Lancaster, a 30-second walk from everybody’s fave bus stop Common Garden Street, have lots of great jumpers and tees in this tone – last time I was in-store, they were pairing it with zebra print – hell to the yes. 

2. Notebooks in quirky prints

Girl, get yourself down to Wilkos. You may already know, but just in case you didn’t then they currently have the prettiest and funkiest prints going on. Their stationery is durable – so far they’ve survived food and water spillages in my bag…yeah, they’re now a lil stained and crispy, but did the paper or the cove rip? No! Trust me, I am all here for £1 notebooks that are blue and white leopard print x white polka dots on a pink background. Check out my insta stories on my personal Instagram @ku_layrosas for my stationery hauls.

3. Valentine’s Flowers

Whether you’re single or coupled up, you can’t deny the gorgeous flowers filling the street at this time of year. Maybe Valentines Day makes you feel sick-to-the-stomach, or you are obsessed with it…either way, we are HC Lancaster are making the most of getting the girls together and showing each other some well-deserved love, and self-care! Don’t worry, we’ll share all the photos from our up-coming V-day social!

4. Planning Out the Day Ahead

…ahead of the day itself. Doing this makes me feel super-organised, and pushes me to be super-productive. Every Sunday, I plan out all my lecture and seminar preparation and homework, my business to-do list, and my social media and blog content. Maybe that sounds a little intense? But, trust me, it works and stops me from feeling like my life is falling to pieces every other day of the week!

5. Flower Flatlays

We’re obsessed. We love them, and will forever use them as inspiration for content. Who knew dead, pressed and artificial flowers could be as beautiful as the living ones?! And again, that pastel pink colour! Two of our loves of the week in one.

Have a great week, love Her Campus Lancaster! 

Anna Mather

Lancaster '19

Anna is a final year student of French & Linguistics at Lancaster University and will graduate in 2019. She is one of Lancaster's Chapter Correspondents. Her favourite topics to write about are fashion, style and interior design ideas. She loves to share photos on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/ku_layrosas/ She also runs Kulayrosas, her own fashion, faith and lifestyle blog: https://kulayrosas.com/