Hummus
Hummus
Christin Urso / Spoon

Quick and Easy Healthy Snacks You Will Actually Want to Eat

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

With the current lockdown in place, many of us are finding ourselves sat on the couch binge-watching Netflix and endlessly snacking, myself included. While it is very easy to just reach for the nearest bag of potato chips or box of candy, here are a few snacks that will cure that craving, but won’t make you feel guilty afterward.

Veggie Chips

One of my personal favorite snacks, when I am craving something salty, is potato chips. A healthier alternative is these homemade veggie chips made from beets, sweet potatoes and any of your other favorite vegetables.

Halo Top Milkshake

I have a major sweet tooth, and especially on a hot summer day, all I crave is ice cream and milkshakes. A more guilt-free alternative to just going to your local ice cream shop is making milkshakes at home using Halo Top ice cream. Halo Top has far fewer calories than normal ice cream, and they even offer several non-dairy items.

Frozen Chocolate Covered Berries

Another one for all my sweet treat lovers out there are dark chocolate covered berries. You can often find them in the frozen section of your local grocery store, or you can make them at home with just a few simple steps. 

Apple Nachos

These are a fun and healthy take on dessert nachos. All you do is slice up some apples, drizzle warm peanut butter on top, and finish with some dark chocolate chips. They are super simple to make and a personal favorite of mine.

Popcorn

This one seems pretty simple, but popcorn is actually a very healthy snack that not many people seem to think about. It is perfect for those who crave something salty to snack on.

Homemade Trail Mix

Trail mix is a perfect snack because it is easy to take on the go and very customizable depending on your food preferences. My favorites to add are dried cranberries, pretzels and dark chocolate chips.

See? There are lots of alternatives to those unhealthy snacks we all crave. This is a difficult time we are living in currently, so indulging yourself from time to time is most definitely not an issue. However, if you are wanting a healthier option, these are just a few to name. Happy snacking!

Natalie is a freshman fashion merchandising student with a double minor in marketing and fashion media at Kent State. At home in Springboro, Ohio she enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her dog, Maci. Her interests include fashion, beauty, lifestyle, dogs and much more! In high school, she danced and participated in her high school's choir and theater program. While her studies are very important to her, she does enjoy being involved in many clubs and organizations including the Fashion Student Organization, Modista, and of course Her Campus. She hopes to one day live in a big city working for a fashion magazine, and just generally doing what she loves.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.