This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

It’s December again, and another semester has come and gone. 

Usually, I’m always a little bit nostalgic, especially when I have to say goodbye to the friends who are graduating but this time, I couldn’t be happier. 

This semester has been absolutely grueling. I’ve spent the last fourteen weeks in my apartment instead of on campus. I’ve been watching my lectures on a screen instead of sitting in a classroom. I haven’t seen most of my friends in weeks. 

It’s been long and lonely, and it suffices to say that I am completely burnt out. 

It’s sad. 

After two back-to-back online semesters in the middle of a global pandemic, I’m tired of feeling like I’m teaching myself. I suppose that can’t be helped. 

At this point in my academic career, I wish I felt a little bit more enthusiastic about learning. 

I used to be so passionate. What happened? 

Fortunately, winter break is coming up.

I could really use a break. 

Michaela Shaw was the vice president and senior editor of the Her Campus chapter at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from 2020-2022. During her time as an undergraduate student, Michaela was also a member of Active Minds, Alpha Kappa Delta, the National Society for Leadership and Success, Sociology Club, and Psi Chi. She also volunteered with Hopeful Hearts, a grief support group for children and families. After completing an internship at Allegheny County Children, Youth and Families, she graduated in August with a dual baccalaureate in Psychology and Sociology and a minor in Child and Adult Advocacy Studies. She likes video games, reading, rainy days, vinyl records, Thai food, and spending time with her cat, Ron.