This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

As a dancer for practically as long as I can remember, being active was something that was always very important to me, whether I had the choice or not. Since coming to college, while still on the dance team here, I’ve gone from dancing around six days a week for several hours each time, to about two or three days a week for about an hour each time. As a result, this has really shocked my body and was a huge shift in lifestyle. However, it inspired me to find unique ways, other than dancing or just “going to the gym,” to stay active on campus, all while still having fun!

1. Spin Classes

Spin classes are one of my favorite ways to get a quick workout in. The class is only 45 minutes and it’s some serious cardio. They’re offered every Monday through Wednesday at the Jo, and it’s completely free! All you have to do is sign up on myHC.

2. Workout Videos

Another great way to stay active is by following along with a video on YouTube. I love this choice because you can really cater your workout to your own needs. If your legs are tired and need a rest day, you can look up a 15 minute arm or upper body workout. The best part is, you need absolutely no equipment, other than your phone or laptop. I love grabbing a friend or two and heading over to the Jo together to follow along with a video.

3. Walks

Simply going on walks is such a great way to stay active without doing a very high-impact workout. There are so many great places to walk around campus, whether that around the track in the Jo or on the treadmill. Just off campus are some great nature trails to walk on, as well. My personal favorite is the Middle River Park, which is literally just off campus. The view is so beautiful that you forget you’re even getting a workout in!

Demi Kroumpouzos

Holy Cross '26

Hi! My name is Demi and I’m a current freshman at Holy Cross from Milton, MA. I’m majoring in Economics and double minoring in Dance and Ethics, Society, and the Institution of Business! I love fashion, beauty, and much more :)