Career > Work

Looking Ahead: Midterm Tricks to Tackle Your Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

With midterms coming up, it can be SO difficult to stay stress free! So, here are some of my personal tips to get you through midterm season:

• Divide your work into a little each day so it’s not overwhelming, a little at a time helps!
  • Make a schedule of what needs to get done each day. To-do lists are your best friend.
  • Work in minutes or hour intervals to break up the time. During this, put your phone or any distractions away and set aside breaks to use them.
  • Check in with your professors for extra help, and utilize office hours.
  • Reach out to classmates and make study groups. Sometimes talking through your exam material helps you understand it better.
  • Lots of SNACKS!
  • Go to the library or a quiet place to focus (maybe without your phone!)
  • Move your body! – walk, dance, run, yoga. Exercise helps me so much with stress relief.
  • Make sure to relax with a show, draw, hang with friends, or read a good book: just something to remind you that school isn’t everything and shouldn’t consume you
  • Lastly, check in on your friends and help them with their stress too! Because we’re all in this together :)
Alyssa Nee

Holy Cross '24

Hi I'm Alyssa Nee! I am a sophomore sociology major, education minor and GSWS concentration. I plan to be an elementary school teacher post college and have been working as a substitute teacher in my hometown. I am also on the women's track and field team. Besides running, I am passionate about volunteering and will be volunteering at the Nativity school this spring. I also love traveling and new adventures!