Wellness

Is Tik Tok Wellness Culture Confusing You Too? Here Are Some Ways You Can Feel Better This Week! 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

It can be really hard to keep up with the wellness community on Tiktok. One person is saying this will make you feel better while the other is telling you to stay far away. Ladies, the truth is, you do not need a 20 step wellness routine to set yourself up for success. We all want to feel our best when it comes to our mood, energy levels, focus, and physical health. Here are some easy tools I have implemented to make myself feel better on a day to day basis! 

1. Sleep: I know you have heard it a million times before, but prioritizing sleep will change your life! Getting eight hours of sleep will make you feel more energized, have clearer focus, and not to mention, help regulate your hormones (which provides clearer skin, easier periods, and makes it easier to digest your meals!) 

2. Coffee: Do not get me wrong, I am addicted to my morning iced coffees just like the rest of us. However, making sure I wait 90 minutes before drinking my coffee has minimized my anxiety and “mid-day crash.” Give it a try! 

3. Morning walks: It can be so hard to get in exercise with a busy schedule of classes, homework, clubs, and socializing. However, getting a morning walk outside will lower your cortisol levels and regulate your dopamine levels for the day. 

4. Supplements: You should 100% have a conversation with your doctor, but implementing Vitamin D and Magnesium supplements into my daily routine has made a world of difference in helping my stress, anxiety, and sleep! 

We all deserve to take care of our bodies and feel our absolute best mentally and physically, and some of these tools may get you out of a slump and help you feel like  your best!

Kara Rowan

Holy Cross '24

Hi! My name is Kara and I am a Senior at Holy Cross studying Math with a minor in Creative Writing.