bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Workout Wednesday: Post-thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Before I start this week, I highly recommend reading Kelly Fries article on healthy eating, she has some great clean foods advice!

Happy late Thanksgiving collegiates! So this holiday is pretty much based on food and eating. I hope that you all enjoyed your holiday and splurged a little bit on the food. One day of crazy eating won’t kill your amazing workout plan.

One thing I know I need to work on is those busy days where I can’t go to the gym, like Thanksgiving, for example. I still want to be able to workout, but I don’t have the free time to be at the gym, or it’s closed! There are some workouts that can be done at home that will make you feel like you have spent hours at the gym.

Weights

Weights are easy to keep around and easy to use. No set up or big machinery necessary, plus they’re not too pricey. With these you can do chest presses, bicep curls, or squats. Target a certain area and by just having these weights you can get a full workout in.

Core Exercises

All you need for this is a yoga mat. With this you can do crunches, planks, or kayakers. These exercises, along with 20 minutes of your free time, will keep you going when you can’t actually be at the gym.

Meal Of The Week: Again not another meal but something I really struggle with is how much soda I drink. Soda is loaded in sugar, contains unhealthy chemicals, and the diet sodas are even more unhealthy than non-diet. Now as a diet coke addict, I know it’s a bad habit and something I need to consume less of. Something I resorted to which is much healthier is tea. Now bottled tea is an option, but I prefer fresh brewed tea with a little bit of lemonade to sweeten it. Tea is all-natural, and has many health benefits. So if you’re like me and you drink a ton of soda, try a healthier alternative like tea, or even water!

Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum. 
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!