Wellness > Health

Top 3 2018 POPSUGAR At-Home Workouts Ranked by Difficulty, Because I Have Nothing Better To Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The POPSUGAR Fitness YouTube channel is in its prime right now. Zumba? Yep. Pilates? You got it. HIIT? You bet, and more, all taught by celebrity trainers and/or fitness experts, all from the comfort of your laptop screen. 

I tried three of the most popular ones this past week and have ranked them here, for your entertainment (because we can all spare the extra minute for an at-home workout right now).

Take off your quarantine clothes, pull up the channel, and get moving! 

30-Minute No-Equipment Barre Sculpting Workout

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Threading a needle while on the world’s windiest roller coaster during an earthquake.

Okay, maybe not that difficult, but I’m pretty sure I cried a little bit. If you’ve never done barre, it’s pretty much getting into a position that flexes certain muscles, a lot of times your quads and calves, then holding that position until you feel like you’re going to fall over. Only the strongest succeed, and I am not one of them.

I RECOMMEND IF: You want a reminder of how out-of-shape you are (sorry not sorry).

30-Minute At-Home Boxing Workout

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Walking past a plate of your mom’s cookies without taking one — while on your period.

Milan Costich from Prevail Boxing 100% kicked my a**, but in a fun way. I learned an uppercut, a jab, and a boxer’s stance! (I said that right, right?) He’s an intense dude, but the workout made me kind of feel like I was actually boxing someone, and helped with some of that sitting-at-home-staring-at-the-screen-for-eight-hours pent up energy. 

I RECOMMEND IF: You’re really trying to get a good sweat in and shake off all the ice cream and Doritos you’ve been eating.

30-Minute No-Equipment Cardio Kickboxing Workout

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Brushing your teeth with your opposite hand.

This made me feel like I was doing one of those Jillian Michaels workout tapes from the 90s — no offense to the cardio queen. It was a lot of “you got it!” and “in 5! in 4! in 3!” (you get the gist). Not my favorite of the bunch, but I did have a good laugh about it after it was over.

I RECOMMEND IF: If you’re on your eighth episode of Schitt’s Creek and need to take a movement break. 

There’s so many more of these workouts on the POPSUGAR Fitness* channel, and you can definitely catch me trying some others next week. 

Stay active, my quaran-queens. 👑

*This is not a sponsored article. All opinions expressed are those of the author.

Madison Mento is a senior at Hofstra University and is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Spanish and Photography. She is a writer, artist, activist, and avid ginger. She likes her coffee iced, her pizza hot, and anything to do with beauty. She is currently the Co-President of Her Campus Hofstra and loves the organization!